There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

RRadioshack is a great place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager in La Crosse, WI
Current Employee - Store Manager in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get paid well for what I do.

Cons

I have a lack of free time

reviews filtered by
  1. On the job product knowledge training

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

One of the best retail jobs out there with a commission based structure. Wide array of products offered and a much better alternative to working at BestBuy or Fry's.

Cons

Minimal opportunities for advancement. Typical retail job where you can expect to work on the weekends. Just prepare yourself to have to work weekends.

2. Takes a while to get good at this job. By the time you do, you'll realize you're underpaid. Better than big box.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Neighborhood stores- much more intimate setting than big box retail. Fun products with a decent discount.

Cons

Training takes a long time. It can be stressful because the stores are often understaffed, and employees are underpaid. This leads to very high turnover.

More employees per store, more on the floor, dedicated wireless associate(s) with wireless counter and chairs. Increase employee's pay and make pay 100% commission with minimum wage as the safety net - but then stop changing the pay structure!!! For store management - they should be making $20+/hr in their salaries for the level of work you expect. Consolidate your stores if you have to. We have about 30 stores in Portland! All of them have these issues that you could fix by dropping it to 20 stores with professionally compensated employees.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack