There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

It's definitely not a career job, but it will get you through until you find one.

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RadioShack part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It can be a pleasant place to work at, depending on the location. You will meet people with different skills ranging from great sales to knowing electronics in depth.

Cons

The hourly rate is really restrictive, forcing a person who needs to survive on their own to put in a lot of hours....if there are any. It's definitely a company that is effected by the economy and it shows.

There is a need for full time workers who know what they're talking about, but unfortunately the majority of the people who are hired are not knowledgeable of too much other than cell phones.

1424 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

CSR

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wooster, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wooster, OH

I worked at RadioShack part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment, customer interactions

Cons

Out of date retail store quickly losing profit; cutting corners to try and save costs.

Manager and upper management poor

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good discount. That's about it. I have made friends there as well. Usually a good crew, except a select few.

Cons

Store manager schedules to his liking no matter anyone's availability. Sleeping with employee currently, and she gets the schedule she wants. They sit in the back all day, while I, just the assistant runs the store on my own. But he of course gets paid more, and gets paid for the jobs and tasks I am doing. He hands her sales, and threatens to fire the rest of us. He hires only girls because he does not want his girlfriend working with other men. Talks down to the girls, but not the two guys that are there. He schedules the guys around his girlfriend's schedule, so she doesn't work with then. He is very sexist, which I believe is against the code of ethics.

My manager has also gotten mad over his girlfriend and threw stuff at her in the back room. He has also gotten upset about his personal life, and will cry in the back, and also I have seen him throw chairs, punch a table, and curse very loudly. This creates a very hostile environment. Anytime I try to have a discussion with him about my problems, very calmy I must add, he gets angry at me, won't let me talk, and he curses at me. Putting me down.

Upper management never says what we did good, but is negative every single day. Makes working there very difficult and depressing really.

We have told upper management of an employee who does drugs on the clock. She has admitted to it, and customers have complained about her. They did nothing of course. Said since they didn't see it, it must not be true.

Threatening and scaring people is not a way to run a business. You may think it helps, but you're still going out of business. Change your tactics quick, or everyone will leave, and you're business will sink.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack