There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack

Overworked & Underpaid

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at RadioShack full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For employees, most stores are atmospheres to expand on selling capabilities and customer relationship building practices.

Cons

Store Managers are required to work too many hours; 48 a week, but more often than not, end up working an average of 52 hours, leaving little time for a home or family life.

Company is downsizing leaving a lot of people out of work

The training program leaves employees unprepared

Overwhelming pressure to meet unrealistic sales quotas with implicit threat of job loss that

Pushy sales tactics to sell "insurance" on almost all products that are sold in the stores, but are difficult and a nuisance to collect on if the need arises

Turnover rate is terribly high due to low pay

None. I fear for the future of this company.

1426 Other Employee Reviews for RadioShack (View Most Recent)

wrongful termination

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

employee discounts wireless discounts getting to learn about elecronics

Cons

small stores get crowded easily

Learn a alot but no room to grow...

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at RadioShack part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Teaches you alot, Learn about wireless industry, Commission was okay.

Cons

No raises, Under-appreciated, Unethical practices, Unrewarding, Treated lesser, Unreasonable scheduling.

You guys have a good commission system but you really need some type of raise system. Also your training is so outdated and worthless. You have managers working for you that are unethical and the managers that are good you treat them as if they are a outsider. I felt undermined and extremely disappointed I went in excited and left Jumping for joy. The district manager didn't even know my name! and I was one of the top associates. Im sorry but I know theres a lot of people but at least show a connection with your associates that you care and notice their hard work. Selling was good for me and thats why I have a better job. You guys need to change your work environment and find new management because if you keep this up you will be nothing but a stepping stone to bigger companies willing to pay more for the skills you teach. You are hanging on by a hair. I got off before the ship sank.

There are newer employer reviews for RadioShack