RadioShack
2.4 of 5 1,285 reviews
www.radioshack.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Low Wage, Poor Management and an Outdated Tech Model

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Morris, IL

ProsFlexible Hours
The Opportunity to Learn New Information about Technology
Discounts (If you stay long enough)
Negligible Commissions

ConsPoor Upper Management
Products in store were novel, at best, and unlikely to sell at worst
Management was consistently profane, even in front of customers and scheduled employee hours based on the manager's own personal obligations
Paid Minimum Wage for Part-Time, but pressed to perform Managerial duties, such as store closings and money deposits, without any increase in compensation or the provision of benefits.
A Dying Franchise

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure how Management is chosen for the Chicagoland area, but they should be required to undergo training in professionalism and proper attire. It's neither acceptable nor productive for managers to arrive at work wearing whatever they choose, swear in front of the customers and insult their employees and then require those same employees to be the utmost professionals at all times. Furthermore, products sold in stores need to be relevant (i.e. don't be selling old cassette players and cheap novelties and especially not PS3 bundles when everybody wants the PS4. We lost MAJOR sales because of their absence!) Also, serious consideration needs to be given to the equipment and software being used in stores. When an electronics store is using 10 year old computers with Windows XP that freeze up all the time instead of Up-to-Date equipment, that sends a poor message to customers. Lastly, in the same vein, please update the Radioshack POS system so that it's a little more efficient' it's way overdue for a serious makeover.

wrongful termination

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at RadioShack

Pros: employee discounts wireless discounts getting to learn about elecronics Cons: small stores get crowded easily More

Learn a alot but no room to grow...

Key Holder (Former Employee)

I worked at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros: Teaches you alot, Learn about wireless industry, Commission was okay. Cons: No raises, Under-appreciated, Unethical practices, Unrewarding, Treated lesser, Unreasonable scheduling. Advice to Senior Management: You guys have a good commission system but you really need some type of raise system. Also your training is so outdated and worthless. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on RadioShack.

Worked for RadioShack? Contribute to the Community!

RadioShack – Why Work for Us?

Why RadioShack? RadioShack has created a loyal following of customers through our associates' expertise and collaborative spirit with consumers, celebrating the longstanding idea that "two heads are better than one… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RadioShack reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RadioShack CEO Joseph C. Magnacca. All reviews posted anonymously by RadioShack employees.