Radwell International

www.plccenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Radwell International

I have been working at Radwell International

Pros

Busy office, clean. Easy to take time off.

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by.

Take a look at the people that work for you.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Radwell International (View Most Recent)

Exciting Rapid Growing Company with Opportunity

I have been working at Radwell International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment is exciting and full of many challenges and opportunities to contribute. The future is bright there are a lot of expansion opporutinties on the horizon. I look forward to where we are heading and I look forward to being a part of the transformation.
    The people are amazing, friendly and hard working. The building is beautiful and there are a lot of interesting outside of the box activities happening such as the RCade, social 5, and daily trivia.
    Excellent benefits and an excellent annual holiday party among other things.

Cons

Training is lacking but its a product of our environment, we are very busy and growing quickly. It is an opportunity for the future to develop and improve our training practices.
    We have a lot of systems that aren't tightly integrated, again an opporutinty for improvement.

Keep plowing forward carrying on Jerry Radwell and Brian Radwell's vision. The future is bright.

Technician: Place to get experience and move on

Former Employee - Technician in Lumberton, NJ
    Former Employee - Technician in Lumberton, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Willing to take on talented individuals with no experience. Have a fairly diverse group of technically capable people who have been in the business long enough to be able to share their knowledge. The compensation is fair but difficult for someone with a family to live by based on the incentive program. It is certainly better than being unemployed and can provide someone with a starting point in the field of electronics.

Cons

In the Technician role, each employee is paid though an hourly rate as well as a incentive bonus which is derived from the technician's warranty rate. However, a majority of the product that comes through the door cannot be tested within the facility. The result is a financial penalty to the technician who really doesn't have the ability to prevent the adverse result. Most repairs were completed in a risk based manner - i.e. change the components of the defective unit based on the likelihood that they were the root cause. Once this shotgun method of repair was completed, off to the cleaning area to give the item a new-ish look. In many cases, the service management had an understanding of the customer's use of the product and would accept or deny incoming repairs depending on if they though the chances were low that a warranty would result.The management drives for high volume and often will look the other way in order to get repairs "on the books" at any cost; even if it means charging a customer for work that wasn't performed. Job satisfaction really suffered because of this strategy. Each piece that comes through the doors is assigned to a technician. Some items are more difficult to repair but may have a lower repair cost while other items are high dollar repairs and do not take as much thought or skill to resolve or complete. My experience was that there was favoritism shown to some technicians by way of getting the higher dollar/less difficult items assigned to them to aid in reaching their goals. The mandatory Saturdays, to me, were just inexcusable. If you failed to work those Saturdays, the company would charge your Vacation time. That was how they helped "motivate" their techs to show up on Saturdays. My opinion is that the company thrived on technically talented individuals who were not degreed. This enabled the company to compensate these people well enough to retain them. As I had witnessed, employees were often reminded of the poor job market and "where else can you go to make this money?". The moral was very bad when I was there. Most people felt trapped more than feeling like they worked for a great company with a great quality of life. The environment was simply oppressive.

Improve the quality of life for your people by changing the culture of the management employee relationship. Develop in-house training or procure training to grow your people technically and professionally. Drive to grow people and give them all of the reasons to want to stay with the company and be proud that they are employed by Radwell. Implement an employee survey (if not already done) and get anonymous feedback (without penalty) from your employees to identify areas which need improvement. Implement management training which addresses soft skills and the art of managing people.

There are newer employer reviews for Radwell International