Rain Bird

www.rainbird.com

Unnecessarily stressful work environment

Product Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsExceptional people for the most part. Leading manufacturer of irrigation equipment so the opportunities to learn are fantastic.

ConsWork environment is the worst I have ever experienced. The sad part is it does not have to be. Most employees are exceptional in what they do and left alone could be extremely productive. Management sees things differently however and seems to believe they must force productivity through intimidation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off. You presumably hire high quality people for a reason. Respect their opinions, give them the opportunity to try things - even if they fail occasionally.

Stop being so secretive. When high-level decisions are made about the direction the company is going, communicate it to the employees to get their buy-in. Things will run more smoothly if everyone is working together.

Abandon the incentive-type bonus structure and replace it with a profit-sharing plan. The organization is not structured properly to create sensible year-long incentive plans so that sort of bonus simply frustrates employees and results in unnecessary interdepartmental conflict. A profit-sharing plan will encourage everyone to work toward the common goal of increasing profit.

Dont plan on staying long

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros: The only pro is that they pay better than the competition. They have the… Cons: They have to pay better, because it is such a poor working environment. Benefits are terrible upper management is… Advice to Senior Management: Update your management style to the new century. If you continue to do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Avoid the frustration, stay away, terrible culture.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros: Good products. Good associates at RB. You will develop a "We are all in this together" approach with your peers; conversations will be… Cons: Listless company with no vision/message from ownership. Management struggles to deal with owner as they try to implement strategy. Culture is a disaster, management… Advice to Senior Management: I do not have any advice for management as they are a hopeless bunch at Rain Bird. Many are looking for other opportunities… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rain Bird.

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!