Rain Bird

www.rainbird.com

Good, if you have the right personality

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsRain Bird pays well. They also have good benefits. They emphasize continuous improvement, although provide little training. Advancement is possible.

ConsRain Bird likes to hire career driven people who thrive in competition. This creates an atmosphere of extreme competition. Everyone tries to manage those around them. No one actually does much work. Every day at work felt like being a contestant on “Survivor.” If you thrive in a cut-throat, competitive environment and you are good at what you do, you will like Rain Bird.
A lot of jobs are being sent to Mexico (Engineering, Human Resources, Accounting …)

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of “transitioning out” people in the bottom 20% performance level, give them realistic training goals and provide them with resources. to achieve their goals.

Thinking about working for Big Tony and his crew? Fuggedaboutit!

Product Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird full-time for more than a year

Pros: They offered me a job when I needed one (they are always hiring). The salary… Cons: Pretty much everything else. If you have ever heard the old tale of the scorpion and the frog, where the scorpion stings the frog carrying him… Advice to Senior Management: None. You won't change, because like the Scorpion, "It's your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unnecessarily stressful work environment

Product Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros: Exceptional people for the most part. Leading manufacturer of… Cons: Work environment is the worst I have ever experienced. The sad part is it does not have to be. Most employees are exceptional… Advice to Senior Management: Back off. You presumably hire high quality people for a reason. Respect their opinions, give them the opportunity to try things - even… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Rain Bird.

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!