There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird

All Reviews are Accurate: Glass Door has Spoken!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Midway North, TX
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Midway North, TX

I worked at Rain Bird full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The Pro here is that you are getting fair warning on Glass Door. Look at these consistent reviews regarding Rain Bird...all negative. Management, Corrective action program, metal detectors, terrible culture. Take the time to read them, consistently bad comments. All true.

Cons

Working in a very negative culture. As a sales rep you will have a difficult time increasing market share because of Rain Birds past hostilities towards the independent distribution companies. You will constantly be reminded in the marketplace how messed up Rain Bird appears to be. Poor distributor incentive programs vs. the competition.

I often wonder what the ownership and managements thoughts are when they read the Glass Door evaluation of Rain Bird and their failures, which are pretty obvious. It's obvious the ownership does not care. I am certain they all view the site. Part of their failure is thinking that these reviews are from malcontents who have been dismissed by Rain Bird. The Buzz is all over Rain Bird, both present and past employees. It points to their leadership failures; from ownership to the incompetent management. These comments are from very skilled professionals who feel an obligation to warn the working community. Hear this: Glass Door has spoken, and the word is Rain Bird is a troubled place.

239 Other Employee Reviews for Rain Bird (View Most Recent)

Great place

Current Employee - Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Applications Developer

I have been working at Rain Bird full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can do my job without any disruption

Cons

A lot of work, very few people and they keep cutting the budget.

Hire more interns/students and people with little experience to help with the work load. Stop cutting the budget!

Current Employee

I have been working at Rain Bird full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pays well if you contribute- for a while
    Generally bright people hired in management
    Not a bad job- at first...
    Massive emphasis on security- if you view it that way

Cons

This is an unfortunate culture. I have watched things over the years go from decent to poor in terms of morale. Poorly conceived and mismanaged stratification system. Shhh! Don't talk about it! It might not be legal?! Stratification is applied to small groups to the detriment of the company. HORRIBLE HR. I cannot emphasize that enough. What's left of them is a disgrace to the profession. Director structure leads to the worst leadership I've heard of for a company of this size.

Upper Mgt Culture: Secretive. Paranoid. Distrustful. Misleading. Don't kiss ass but don't disagree. A smiley face is painted on to lure you in. It's sad because so many good people come in, work hard and are ignored and not valued. Out goes the knowledge. The departures are taboo to discuss and a reflection of the SOB who dared to leave.

Catch 22's abound. Heads Rain Bird wins, tails you lose. Definite "your satisfaction means you are being underworked" culture. So counter productive. I think the heart/ humanity went out with Art VanLudwig. Strange obsession with temp use, whether it is appropriate or not. Temp good. Employee evil. Except third world employees. Read the other reviews carefully. It's a shame, really.

Time to go public or sell out. Before you wreck what remains.

There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird