There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird

Dissapointed in where Rain Bird is today!

Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros

Rain Bird used to have a great Sales and Marketing staff that led the industry in Service to their Customers. Then they started the "MBA requirement" and started hiring almost exclusively from outside the industry. This was the beginning of the slide that today compaired to then has resulted in many comments to me from the industry reguarding the lack of or poor Customer Service.

Cons

I left Rain Bird because I got tired of waiting for them to act on an obvious need in the Market Place that still exists today and for the insentives being put further and further out of reach after having another very successful year of gaining Market Share.

It's to late for this, They didn't listen then so why would I waste my time trying now!

239 Other Employee Reviews for Rain Bird (View Most Recent)

Rainbird... A great 9 month vacation if you do not care about your career!!!!!!!

Former Employee - DM in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - DM in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros

The company hires the best personnel and the compensation package is competitive. There is plenty of opportunity to work autonomously and be responsible for your own success in the field.

Cons

A nine month derailment of my career. There is a reason why there are so many negative reviews associated with this employer..... Most of my peers who worked the southwest market are gone for a reason. They either got "laid off," Fired, or were the "rats jumping off a sinking ship." Those that are left are busy cleaning off their knives used to do the backstabbing. The upper management is more concerned about their own career than they will ever be in yours. If you excelled in the high school popularity department and you are more proud of your ability to speak french than developing and mentoring your subordinates, then maybe Rainbird holds a future for you. Or if you just need a career vacation, then maybe Rainbird is for you. Plan on your tenure being in the upper 50 percentile after your first year. After two years, you will either quit, be laid off, or fired, unless you fit the unique dysfunctional management structure of this company. My advice for anyone seeking employment in this industry.... don't believe any positive review written about Rainbird, and seek employment with Hunter!

Grow up, resist the urge to continue the "hire and layoff" mentality that has been prevalent within your culture, and begin building a culture of respect for your sales staff that actually offers career opportunities. Advice to Tucson senior management is to just leave. You will never get it.

Senior Management out of touch with the customer/market needs....

Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Pay and benefits are ok. It is nice to have a job in a down economy. Rain Bird is a recognized company name for the resume. Interesting but extremely challenging job. Rain Bird hires some very talented people that are great to work with!

Cons

Hostile work environment. Employee turnover is out of control. 200 to 300% turnover in Turf Marketing Group in last few years. Rain Bird spends months hiring very talented people and then forces 90% out in a year or so. Employee moral is in the basement. Everyone is either looking for a new job or waiting for the ax to drop. Older employees with irrigation knowledge (especially in sales) are forced out and they are replaced with MBA's with no irrigation knowledge or experience. The MBA's get frustrated when the do not receive the fast advancement they were promised when they interviewed. Senior Management is out of touch with the needs of the customer and the marketplace. They control and micromanage everything making even the smallest decision but blame and fire the employees when the plan fail.

Get out and talk to the customers. Find out what your customers want. Start measuring customer satisfaction. you will be shocked at how bad it is. It is not all about the percent of product returns and product quality. Get feedback from your employees that are in contact with the customers daily. They can help you if you let them. Do something about the employee turnover especially those employees with irrigation experience. Turnover is killing your company. Empower your employees to turn things around before it is too late!

There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird