There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird

Dissapointed in where Rain Bird is today!

Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Rain Bird

Pros

Rain Bird used to have a great Sales and Marketing staff that led the industry in Service to their Customers. Then they started the "MBA requirement" and started hiring almost exclusively from outside the industry. This was the beginning of the slide that today compaired to then has resulted in many comments to me from the industry reguarding the lack of or poor Customer Service.

Cons

I left Rain Bird because I got tired of waiting for them to act on an obvious need in the Market Place that still exists today and for the insentives being put further and further out of reach after having another very successful year of gaining Market Share.

It's to late for this, They didn't listen then so why would I waste my time trying now!

reviews filtered by

It's a Job, Pays Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

The compensation is great. They hire pretty great people for the most part. They prefer that their customer service representatives have a master's degree for cryin' out loud...that's not a joke.

Cons

They hire great people, but they don't really care about retention. They'll hire the best, use every ounce of their soul because every department is under-staffed, tell them they do a so-so job and shrug their shoulders when those great people decide to leave. I've seen some excellent people come and go through the Rain Bird Revolving Door (complete with metal detectors on the way in AND out). Also, the vacation is pretty stingy. It's a running joke throughout the company.

I don't think senior management really cares about anyone's advice. But, I would just say that attrition costs you money. Valuable knowledge and training walks out the door with every employee that leaves. If you don't care about the cost of your huge employee turn over rate, fine. Otherwise, Rain Bird needs to stop seeing employees as just expenses, but needs to start valuing them as ASSETS. If you hire the best, then learn to keep the best. Study companies that have great employee retention to see what they're doing right. I bet you'd find that the majority of people aren't leaving simply because of the money because Rain Bird pays very well.

Great company except for the turnover.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Great people - very capable employees. Great opportunity for advancement for those who rise to challenges and deliver results. Clear priorities and goals. The industry has great growth prospects.

Cons

High employeee turnover needs to be addressed.

Find ways to reduce turnover and improve morale. This company could be great if it solved those problems.

There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird