There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird

Employees are not valued and there is no loyalty whatsoever.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Rain Bird has good name brand recognition and quality products.
it is nice to work for an industry leader.
They pay well.

Cons

Rain Bird does not see the value of an employee. People are hired and let go constantly. They hire for the moment, but not for the long term vision. People doing a great job in one department because a different division is struggling at the moment. There are not many tenured people in middle management. Out of my department of 24 people, only 3 had been there over 4 years.
Top management is also so paranoid about having any sales or product cost figures leaked to the competition that they do not even let their sales managers know important costs and figures they could use to better do their jobs. It's insane. The freakiest atmosphere I've ever experienced. Everyone watching their backs and running around paranoid about their jobs. It's weird.

Hire good people and give them a chance to help your company. Give them the tools they need and you'll be surprised at how they become as much of an asset as your products. They may even add more value to your customers than your product. Let's face it, product differences are getting negligible. However, the human difference can be huge.

239 Other Employee Reviews for Rain Bird (View Most Recent)

OK, but the people are great!

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

- Pays well, especially in the Tucson market
    - If you get the right manager, your career with Rain Bird can be great.

Cons

- Bad decision making by senior management
    - Overworked with unfair benefits (especially vacation time)
    - Poor processes in place to provide wise decision making
    - Strategy does not exist - everything is shoot from the hip

Some senior staff members create a culture of fear with no opportunities for improvement or change. Working in these groups creates a bad atmophere.

STAY AWAAAAAAAY!

Current Employee - Unimportant  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Unimportant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Rain Bird

Pros

Tucson is a beautiful town
    Really great people as your peers, just great.
    Since they're always firing, they're always hiring too. You can get a paycheck for about 2 years

Cons

Management is poor. They are immature, inept, timid, deceitful and cruel towards people. It is a top-down, micro managed company. Le Fetra runs it like a prison, and his directors are the bully guards. You learn to shut up and avert your eyes or you get pulled out of line and beaten, (figuratively, of course). You have no decision making power, and no ability to influence plans. You are a clerk. RB thinks it is an entrepreneurial environment where performance determines growth. The exact 180 degree opposite is true. Directors Bergantino and Elezaby are laughing stocks, although they ruin so many people that everyone is afraid and submissive when they are around., (which really pleases them). They would not last 6 months in a real company. Sad really, pathetic losers with power. A few directors are good but most are not.

Pay is good by Tucson standards, but only so so in the national market.

If you are being recruited to RB, you are probably very very good. Confident in yourself, you will think "I will succeed here even though it sounds like a tough place." We all thought that. We are all very very good too. Reality: you will fail, but not because of anything YOU do. So, DO NOT BUY A HOUSE HERE. We all would leave if we could, but the rotten economy and our inability to sell our homes keeps us here.

Engineering is decimated, and much of the knowledge that built the company has been lost
    Sales is a high turnover area, with a few old pros who hang on, grateful they are in the field and out of sight of management
    Marketing is in constant turmoil and almost nobody has tenure over there either.
    Manufacturing is so so, very inconsistent.
    HR? Well, the good ones leave in a hurry, horrified. The rest are really just meat processors.
    Purchasing? there isn't a purchasing function!

If you think you must come here, talk to a few ex Rain Birders first. There are many of them. Try linked in

Clean house at the top. Le Fetra and most directors. There is complete failure of leadership. Sell the business. Let competent new owners make the many necessary changes you can never make yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Rain Bird

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!