There are newer employer reviews for Rainbow USA

My experience has been ok, I wish there were better opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Top competitor in it's market. I have watched them evolve for many years. The company doesn't place too much pressure on it's employees.

Cons

Some of the cons I see while working at rainbow are: the need to update the computer systems more. Customers come in expecting things one way, and we are constantly stating that our systems don't allow us to do that. I also think the buying department needs to make better buying decisions in regards to merchandise.

Advice to Management

There has always been a stigma associated with shopping at Rainbow stores. I can understand it sometimes but other times I just think it's negative and unfounded. From what I hear rainbow is a company without debt, and they also add new stores every year and are continuing to grow. I wish they would do something with the older stores in the urban areas. Quite frankly some of these stores aren't attractive to potential customers and turn them away. Little updates and better maintenance is required to remain competitive I think.

Other Employee Reviews for Rainbow USA

1. Just a job.... Can hardly call it a career

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Baltimore, MD

Pros

It was my first job in retail. They tought you the basics of customer service and merchandising but that is it.

Cons

It was an unprofessional environment... good work is never recognized and the beter you got the more they took advantage of you wit no pay.

Advice to Management

There were no real advancements to management. Favortism was a huge factor in this business. When you had oppotunity for advancement, excuses where made.

2. Very Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Store Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Being able to work for a very fashion forward company that offers current fashions at discount prices. Having a great employee discount.

Cons

Upper Management that wasn't fair and consistent in the treatment of it's employees. Upper Management allowed certain employees to brake the rules, while others would be held accountable.

Advice to Management

District Managers should operate in a consistent and professional manner and treat all of their employees with respect and gratitude.