There are newer employer reviews for Rainbow USA

Good place to work- Brooklyn headquaters

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Rainbow USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is OK and i get an annual increase. Great Gym/Sauna, free parking , very good 401k, OK healthplan. Ive been here 10 years and they never had layoffs. They continue to grow. My manager is understanding and good person to work for so i have it better than others. The owners are really hands on so there is clear sense of direction

Cons

Not in the best area but not terrible. I work very hard as do most people here.

Advice to Management

longer breaks, a basketball court it the parking lot and a bbq to use.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My experience has been ok, I wish there were better opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rainbow USA

Pros

Top competitor in it's market. I have watched them evolve for many years. The company doesn't place too much pressure on it's employees.

Cons

Some of the cons I see while working at rainbow are: the need to update the computer systems more. Customers come in expecting things one way, and we are constantly stating that our systems don't allow us to do that. I also think the buying department needs to make better buying decisions in regards to merchandise.

Advice to Management

There has always been a stigma associated with shopping at Rainbow stores. I can understand it sometimes but other times I just think it's negative and unfounded. From what I hear rainbow is a company without debt, and they also add new stores every year and are continuing to grow. I wish they would do something with the older stores in the urban areas. Quite frankly some of these stores aren't attractive to potential customers and turn them away. Little updates and better maintenance is required to remain competitive I think.

2. Just a job.... Can hardly call it a career

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Rainbow USA

Pros

It was my first job in retail. They tought you the basics of customer service and merchandising but that is it.

Cons

It was an unprofessional environment... good work is never recognized and the beter you got the more they took advantage of you wit no pay.

Advice to Management

There were no real advancements to management. Favortism was a huge factor in this business. When you had oppotunity for advancement, excuses where made.