There are newer employer reviews for Raley's

Bend over backwards day in and day out without any thank you.

Current Employee - Head Clerk
Current Employee - Head Clerk

I have been working at Raley's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great customers, excellent products, employee discount, clean environment, works around schedules.

Cons

random schedule, no training, very slow raise schedule (.25 cent raise every 9 months or so), only 24 hours a week, poor management, no communication, employees morale is falling, expects employees to be jack of all trades

Advice to Management

Management needs to show their employees they care and stop with the threats and negative outcomes. We need a positive work environment. Focus on rewards and the positive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Raleys Family of fine? stores

I have been working at Raley's (More than 10 years)

Pros

A long time ago,employees were valued,and treated as family.

Cons

The upper managemnt has an agenda to bust the union,There are so many upper management makeing salaries over 100k per year,Self important people,with big egos,big heads,Years ago people rose to the ranks of upper managment,District managers,and above are all now comming from outside the company,(Companies that have failed) They are implementing ideas that did not work before,and have destroyed great companies,.The employees built this company,and the upper management is destroying it.Tom is sure to be rolling over in his grave to see what a mess has been made of this once great company.

Advice to Management

The attitudes of District managers and above,are what has destroyed this company,They are already paying less to employees,but The prices merchandise continue to rise.....

2. It Started Off Well

I have been working at Raley's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For the first three year's this was a great job. Great co-workers, decent pay for a beginner, fun environment, mostly kind bosses, and the environment itself was just friendly and cheerful. Currently I really like my store directors. Also you can meet really neat and interesting customers. Hours are fairly flexible for students and depending on your job, you are guaranteed a certain number of hours.

Cons

Obviously you're going to have some really bad customers, it's retail after all. And yes, it is going to be stressful and fast paced especially around the holidays. But the company has fallen apart so much that on a regular day I (as well as most other clerks) have to cover four departments while being called to check on a constant basis. We never have enough help and the store looks trashed on a regular basis. We advance in pay fairly quickly but with the amount of work we do on an every day basis, we are very under paid.

Advice to Management

I understand each manager has their favorite people, but it doesn't mean the other ones are stupid or not capable of doing things right. Take a moment to read the call sheet before rattling off every name you can think of.