There are newer employer reviews for Raley's

Great experience, if you're at a good store

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk  in  Windsor, CA
Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Windsor, CA

I worked at Raley's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was fortunate enough to work at a "good" store with, on the whole, good people. Because of this, there was a lot less drama and most days were pretty good ones.

Cons

As with any customer service position, customers can be infuriating. Management can sometimes make inept decisions and leave you questioning their decision making abilities.

Don't sugar coat bad news; we will figure out what is really happening and will feel like you're trying to undermine us. Also, i don't care what any statistics show, secret shoppers are a waste of money. They cause more trouble then they are worth and are NOT an accurate indication for an employees performance. For instance, I worked at my store for nearly four years, each of which was spent at a register as either a courtesy clerk or checker. I had a nearly perfect record of 5's on my shops by management but was never once rated by a secret shopper. If they have to start video taping us because of personal issues each shopper may have, perhaps it would be more wise to save the money Raley's is currently bleeding.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Raley's (View Most Recent)

Deli Clerk: Exhausting, Repetitive,

Former Employee - Deli Clerk
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk

I worked at Raley's part-time for less than a year

Pros

I got paid $10 an hour, which seemed pretty good to me as a temporary summer worker. My fellow employees and managers were nice, and some times the customers were nice too. Once I got used to the work it became easy and it wasn't too bad when it was slow.

Cons

We were often under-staffed, not neccessarily becuase people called in sick but becuase they just didn't schedule enough of us to work. It was extremely frustrating trying to deal with a long line of people at the deli or sandwhich shop with with only one other employee. Customers often complained about us being under-staffed and could be very rude. The job is also much more physically demanding than I expected as you are on your feet all 8 hours and spend much of the time reaching into the case. I'm only 20 and my back hurt at the end of the day.

Hire more people, especially in the deli.

all we want are yes men/women managers

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk
    Current Employee - Dairy Clerk

I have been working at Raley's part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

most of the peopie i work with

Cons

managers that have never run a department or wrote a order thrown a load

in the past to move up in this company you would work three weeks in each department with the department manager.you were trained by the best of the department managers.now all i see yes men/women..that can fill in all the blanks on paper work

There are newer employer reviews for Raley's

Worked for Raley's? Contribute to the Community!