There are newer employer reviews for Raley's

Raley's nice job to work for unless you live in Nevada

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardnerville, NV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardnerville, NV

I worked at Raley's

Pros

1. insurance was free if it was only for the employee 2. 1 week vacation after one year of being there and it goes up for every year you are there until the five year cap. 3. mostly a flexible schedule. 4. Sunday pay for some employees I for example was Senior clerk w/ steps in which I received 3 dollars over my normal pay.

Cons

1. At the California stores a person with the same position as me made 10 dollars more an hour. 2. Almost possible chance for advancement or department transfer, unless you were one the store director's favorites. 3. Incompetent payroll in that when I was first put on their night crew it took the payroll in Sacramento 3+ weeks to put my pay raise into affect of which the I was very lucky that the assistant manager gave me an advance due to it being the week before Christmas. 4. The store director played favorites to such an extent the stress levels of almost every clerk and lower management was high due to him being there.

Advice to Management

My advice would be seriously look at how the store director treats each employee in that by the way he treats them can and will turn him into a liability to the company. For example the store's business has in fact plumeted from where it was before he started there. When I left the company I saw how the nightly shipments went down from 600 pieces down to around 200-300 and I was told how they used to be 800+ before the current store director took over. In other words a happy employee is a productive employee and that will never happen if the current store director does not realize the errors of his style of management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Horrible

Current Employee - Clerk in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

Pretty good flexibility. More for high school and mid college aged kids. Ok benefit program, not a bad turnover rate.

Cons

Managment is ok, but the supervisors are a complete joke. Unfair promotions to people who do NOT deserve it. Advancement is highly unlikely for some. Favoritism, basically a popularity contest. Unrealistic expectations, "increasing basket size and increased sales give you more hours!" not enough help, and sometimes too many people scheduled. Stop having only one person do all the grunt work. Stop micromanaging the employees who do not need it! If you want a courtesy clerk to do floral, or any other department for that matter, cross train them appropriately!!

Advice to Management

Do your job. Stop playing favorites. This is NOT high school. Stop insulting customers as soon as they're out of earshot.

2. underappreciated

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Reno, NV

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

It's a good store. There are good products and produce. Pretty good benefits.

Cons

managers are lazy. unrealistic expectations of getting the job done after all the cut backs.

Advice to Management

What can I say...I've already said everything that I had to say to management and they haven't done anything about it.