Rally Software

www.rallydev.com
  www.rallydev.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rally Software

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Rally Software

Pros

Large group of very smart people. Freedom to do what is right. Not afraid to take chances and fail.

Cons

Not enough of vacation time.

Keep the great culture while continuing to add more people.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Rally Software (View Most Recent)

Interesting technology, great colleagues, great environment.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rally Software

Pros

We use interesting, modern technologies like Groovy on Grails, Git, MongoDB, Spring, Hibernate, Ruby and ExtJS.
    The team is really smart and easy to get along with.
    We have well spec-ed machines (quad core Mac Pros with 16GB of RAM and dual 24" monitors).
    We do Agile (specifically, Kanban).
    We have free beer from our own keggerator.
    We get to go to one conference a year and have regular 'hackathons' (like google's 20% time) to improve our skills and express our creativity.
    You get stock options and pretty good health insurance.

Cons

You start with just 2 weeks vacation + a week over christmas. You also have 1 floating holiday, with another 1 added each year (up to a max of 5 days).
    There's no pension matching.
    Sometimes things can be a little too consensus-driven.

A lot of companies talk-the-talk about maintaining work / life balance and caring about employee growth, but Rally truly does. I've been very impressed with our culture and the strength of the team and I know that these things come from the top. Long may it continue.

It wouldn't hurt to improve the benefits package with pension matching and a few more vacations.

Relentless march of continuous improvement toward a shared vision of agility, collaboration and customer impact.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Rally Software

Pros

Strong agile/lean culture that uses collaboration effectively to encourage employees to take responsibility, swarm together to solve problems, appreciate help and celebrate successes.

Cons

The Rally culture thrives on visibility and a pursuit towards perfection; it is bit intense. This effort easily creates an imperative for change, but given a limited capacity for change we can not fix everything right now. This requires prioritization discipline to choose between the great opportunities and problems to fix; thus a creative tension is born that requires you to bring your whole self to work everyday. This requirement can be a culture shock to some and as such requires a intensive interviewing and on-boarding process.

Continue improving company-wide communication flows, mechanisms and technologies to support a growing domestic and international organization. These needs are less visibile in Boulder and the negative implications that come from slow action will be very painful in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Rally Software