There are newer employer reviews for Rally Software

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Rally Software

Pros

Large group of very smart people. Freedom to do what is right. Not afraid to take chances and fail.

Cons

Not enough of vacation time.

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture while continuing to add more people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Interesting technology, great colleagues, great environment.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rally Software

Pros

We use interesting, modern technologies like Groovy on Grails, Git, MongoDB, Spring, Hibernate, Ruby and ExtJS. The team is really smart and easy to get along with. We have well spec-ed machines (quad core Mac Pros with 16GB of RAM and dual 24" monitors). We do Agile (specifically, Kanban). We have free beer from our own keggerator. We get to go to one conference a year and have regular 'hackathons' (like google's 20% time) to improve our skills and express our creativity. You get stock options and pretty good health insurance.

Cons

You start with just 2 weeks vacation + a week over christmas. You also have 1 floating holiday, with another 1 added each year (up to a max of 5 days). There's no pension matching. Sometimes things can be a little too consensus-driven.

Advice to Management

A lot of companies talk-the-talk about maintaining work / life balance and caring about employee growth, but Rally truly does. I've been very impressed with our culture and the strength of the team and I know that these things come from the top. Long may it continue. It wouldn't hurt to improve the benefits package with pension matching and a few more vacations.

2. A culture like no other

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Rally Software

Pros

Rally is a truly collaborative culture. The company is completely transparent in how it shares information internally so we all know how we're contributing to company goals. Love the focus on sustainability.

Cons

It's always tough to maintain a culture as the company grows. Look forward to this challenge!

Advice to Management

Keep involving employees, keep up the passion!