Rally Software

www.rallydev.com

The Emperor Has No Clothes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsCollaborative work environment. Great attention placed on communication - management meetings, quarterly planning, all hands, etc. There is a lot of autonomy given to its people, trust to make the right decisions vs. top down management.

ConsExecutives lack focus and don't seem to care about leading the company in the right direction. The lack of adult supervision causes major thrashing. It is possible the execs actually care but are just out of their league. Rally has recently hired several executives with requisite experience for a public company, but it is hard to tell if the old regime will step out of the way.

There are major issues with the product that has been ignored for years. Sales and marketing can get a foot in the door with new customers but once the product is used major disappointment sets in. Again this is the lack of leadership - not focusing on building a good, user friendly product, but just being feature driven, which isn't much of a strategy.

Certain execs are not held to the core values the company spouts. Trust and respect is apparently optional if you are good 'ol pals with the Emperor.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company will not be successful unless you focus on performance. You can okay ride on culture or "the story" for so long. At some point investors and analysts will demand real results and the current staff does not have the muster to deliver.

Great learning experience. Great people and culture.

Intern (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

I worked at Rally Software as an intern for less than a year

Pros: They really believe in and stick to their core values. They truly want you to have a… Cons: I was an intern, and it's really difficult to get a full time position. Everyone is so busy… Advice to Senior Management: Keep Calm and Rally On Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rally software has been amazing

Intern (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

I have been working at Rally Software as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Very open culture with many activities, the work is motivating, and the people are great. Working… Cons: Not working full time has made me miss out on… Advice to Senior Management: Come around more often! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Rally Software.

Worked for Rally Software? Contribute to the Community!