Rambus

Not bad

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Chapel Hill, NC
Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at Rambus

Pros

Close knit team, compact team size, Chapel Hill team is excellent, Chapel Hill area is excellent, very good benefits package, engineering heavy organization, one of the best places for high speed signalling, analog and circuit designers.

Cons

Not a great place for ASIC/Digital/Logic folks, management has a lot to improve, not many engineers made money of their stock options/espp in a long long time, salary range may vary greatly among employees of same cadre.

Management is extremely lucky to keep surviving one fiasco after another. Stock based income has been nothing for most employees these last few years. So much engineering potential to create new business opportunities is being wasted. Attrition rates are clear indicator of employee satisfaction.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Rambus (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Principal Design Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Rambus

Pros

Great environment with lots of flexibility.
    Many great people to consult with and expand you technical capabilities.

Cons

Compensation not scaling with industry offers or inflation.

See Cons...

Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Rambus

Pros

Small company size, so no side/useless/small projects. There are regular meetings of the engineering teams, and it is easy to stay informed about what others are doing and where to go to get help.

Cons

Due to the small size of the company, there isn't much additional time/money allotted for side/pet projects. This isn't so bad though, just means your work at Rambus is your first priority.

I don't really have any additional words of advice. My management was the best I've ever had. Very open, always helpful, and yet never intrusive. I only hope all my managers are similar.

There are newer employer reviews for Rambus