There are newer employer reviews for Rand Group

If Rand Group isn't your goal in life, you won't fit in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rand Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are wonderful, hardworking people, if they don't quit or get fired. Benefits are standard. Free Starbucks coffee.

Cons

CEO has a huge ego. His word is law. Upper management show very little respect for employees. If any one of them don't like you, you are fired. Managers are too busy and never have time to guide you. Depending on your position, you will be given an overwhelming amount of work and are expected to put in a lot of overtime, sometimes with short or no notice. Overtime is a metric on employee reviews. Unless you have been at the company for a long time, your work and effort go unrecognized.

There is no team environment. If you are hired straight out of college, you are thrown in and it is "sink or swim." Many use exam dumps to get certified. College hires do not know any better and the company makes them think that this is how it is and you'll never find a better company. A lot of experienced hires will quit pretty quickly, if they are not fired for disagreeing with upper management. Very high turnover.

Employees are asked to write reviews and give testimonials about how great the company is, but they are forced to lie. Read positive reviews with a grain of salt.

Projects are undersold and lack direction, putting the pressure on employees to put in overtime without compensation. They only care about the money. You have to make this company your life goal if you want to succeed.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees and quality. Put processes in place for impartial decisions to be made. Allow your managers to make decisions.

Rand Group Response

Jul 29, 2014CEO

Thank you for sharing your experience. We work very hard to create a work environment where individuals can be successful and reach their full potential. I would like to offer you an opportunity to ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Professionalism, Leadership and Fun!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Rand Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like how The Rand Group gives you an opportunity to grow withign the company. My manager is flexible and the best boss I've ever had! Good pay, great environment and I couldn't ask for better co-workers.

Cons

I wish we had a gym in the building so we could work out and be healthy together!

Awesome environment to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellaire, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellaire, TX

I have been working at Rand Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No shortage of work to do but you don't feel overwhelmed and your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.
    Plenty of room for growth and opportunities.
    Great coworkers. The rest of the staff are very friendly and welcoming.
    The overall atmosphere makes you feel at home while you're at work.

Cons

They just took away the free chocolate but that's probably a good thing. :)