There are newer employer reviews for Randalls

Run for the hills

Former Employee - Bakery Manager  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Bakery Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Randalls

Pros

Randall's has decent pay as well as decent benefits. If you are a department manager then the hours arn't too bad either as many of the departments close by 8pm. There is room for growth if you work hard.

Cons

There isn't much organization in stores. I worked for two stores and there seemed to be a disconect between the store manager and the department managers. There is a decent amount of turnover. You are an hourly position, so there is a lot to get accomplished and NO OVER TIME.
You don't get much of a discount on the store products at all.

be a little more understanding of the tasks you are asking to be accomplished and the hours you give to accomplish these tasks.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Randalls (View Most Recent)

Worthless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Randalls

Pros

I was lucky and had good co-workers. Discounts on only store brands. Time off was easy to get if you worked hard.

Cons

Poor pay, Managers are rotated every 6 months or less. A LOT of work for little pay, They will right you up for missing on shop's. They give you shoppers, basically an inside man to see if your doing everything by the book. If you miss on even one of the things your supposed to cover you will get a warning and in my case written up. I was most liked by my managers and even loyal customers. but at the end of the day I was bad employee because my "report card" said I was terrible at customer service.

Have your managers stay arround longer than 6 months. Get your turnover rate down by having better management. offer bonuses to those who shine.

Department Manager

Current Employee - Deli Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Deli Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Randalls

Pros

Management oppurtunitys are always open

Cons

Upper management has poor communication

It's o.k

There are newer employer reviews for Randalls

Worked for Randalls? Contribute to the Community!