Randalls
www.randalls.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

I was hired to be a cashier, not a fundraiser.

Checker/Cashier (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls part-time for less than a year

ProsCan't think of one for the Flagship store on Memorial Drive. The other cashiers were very nice to me, though. The second in command was nice, too.

ConsWas led to believe I would get about 25 hours a week. One week, I got 9; 4 hours one day, and 5 the next. Usually, I got around 12-15. You have to be a brilliant conversationalist and solicit funds from the well-to-do clientele. I suppose the conversation is meant to distract clueless affluent people from noticing how high the prices really are.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour poo stinks like everybody else's. Stop trying to pretend that you're in the same class as some of your rich customers, and try to be decent to your employees. Give them more hours and more encouragement.

Low pay and very little appreciation.

Checker/Cashier (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Randalls part-time for less than a year

Pros: Job security as long as you do your job. Cons: Low Pay. Dealing with hurried and/or irate customers. Repetitive. Advice to Senior Management: Give more incentives to do a good job. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Bag Boy

Sacker (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Randalls part-time for less than a year

Pros: Busy Work. Was able to keep up Cons: Low pay. Poor company management Advice to Senior Management: Bring the Onsteds back No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Randalls.

Worked for Randalls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Randalls reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Randalls CEO Thomas L. (Tom) Schwilke. All reviews posted anonymously by Randalls employees.