Randolph Hospital

There are newer employer reviews for Randolph Hospital

Excellent Work Environment

Current Employee - Information Technology in Asheboro, NC
Current Employee - Information Technology in Asheboro, NC

I have been working at Randolph Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay for the geographical area. The liberal, political activist CEO, Bob Morrison, is FINALLY gone after a couple of decades of pathetic leadership. Even though the new CEO, Steve Eblin, worked closely with Morrison, he has a much better vision and really seems to care about the employees there. He seems to even know the names of employees really far down the professional 'totem pole' so to speak.

The current leadership at the hospital is very good and they are venturing out and offering new, innovative healthcare services for Randolph County.

Not every department is perfect, but the majority are. I'd say there are only a few departments where employees seem to be stressed, but those seem to be in the finance-related areas.

The benefits here are also AMAZING compared to the benefits I've had at other healthcare agencies.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Continue to explore new medical service offerings for Randolph Hospital. Maybe even look into more acute surgical procedures to offer. Cardiac surgery too ambitious? Who knows, it could work!

4 Other Employee Reviews for Randolph Hospital (View Most Recent)

It's a pay check.

Current Employee - Switchboard Operator
    Current Employee - Switchboard Operator

I have been working at Randolph Hospital

Pros

I love the people I immediately work with. There are those who recognize what we deal with, just not our upper supervisor.

Cons

The pay sucks for the responsibilities we have and the stress. We get blamed when another department's policy doesn't work well. We get the immediate, pissed off cussing of too many people.

Come in and LEARN our job. Sit in for more than 5 minutes and see what really happens on EVERY SHIFT.

Small Hospital, Excellent staff, Exceptional Teamwork

I have been working at Randolph Hospital as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked with group of people who are such team players! As an outpatient physical therapist intern, I had the experience to collaborate with this fine group of people consisting of PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, SLP, Cardiac rehabilitation specialists, and support personnel for 6 months and was impressed with the teamwork and collaboration between these individuals. I felt like a part of the team from day one! The patient population is also wonderful in this community and I truly enjoyed working with everyone that came to the outpatient clinic for PT! Another excellent pro is that you work one on one with patients and do not have to see more than one patient at a time. It is truly an outstanding work environment!

Cons

As an intern, as well as from my observation of the other PTs that work there, the paper work is extensive. If you are comfortable and willing to document while working with your patients, your time spent on paperwork after hours will be less, but expect to still put time on to document after hours. This seemed most challenging for the outpatient PTs as I was often there several hours after my last patient and observed other PTs doing the same (or coming in on their days off to catch up on documentation). This is really the only and biggest con, the staff and patient's are exceptional!

Continue to encourage the outstanding teamwork that your staff has accomplished! If there is any way to build in even a little time each day for paperwork, so that productivity of scheduled patient's is not at 100%, it would be very helpful for the PTs in the OP clinic to catch up on paperwork. I can imagine the challenge that arises with making a profit, providing appointments for all patient's that seek care, and also allowing time for documentation.

There are newer employer reviews for Randolph Hospital