A Great Company

Former Employee - Quality Control in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Quality Control in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Randstad US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Job had decent pay, with good coworkers and it was a great environment

Cons

Working at the early hours of the day

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stay away from this company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Randstad US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much to say here except for flex time; it's easy to just meet your call goals and sneak out early..nobody watches to see if your're actually working.

Cons

Poor management, poor CRM and other tools, slow internet connectivity and even senior recruiters are just 9-5 'ers and are not passionate about thier jobs. Bunch of young, entiltled brats they bring in and the pay is sub standard to what other company's offer. There is also a lot of in-fighting, even on the same team; mostly the left overs from when it was Think Resources. They make promises to upgrade tools to make them better, but never deliver and commision structure is designed to where you feasibly could only make $80,000/YR total comp after working as hard as you can. Management also tends to favor people who have been there longer when deciding who gets an account (good ole boy mentality.

Advice to Management

Go away

A good employment experience gone bad.

I worked at Randstad US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Spherion in one of the corporate offices prior to their having been bought out by Randstad. The employees were naturally concerned when we were told that our company had been acquired, and the "big wigs" came in and presented all sorts of slideshows and idealistic speeches about how the company was going to get much better. The pros for working with Spherion were wonderful - great pay, benefits, and a genuine desire to see all employees succeed. There was an open-door policy with upper management that made employees feel as though their concerns would be heard and addressed.

Cons

All the reassurances and posturing about the grand ideas Randstad had for Spherion were outright untruths. Since the acquisition, things for Spherion have taken a rapid downturn. The transition was a complete mess, with bad communicating, inadequate training on the new systems, and the general feeling that we had been subject to a "hostile takeover." Most of the employees were in fear of losing their jobs, and there was little done to attempt to reassure us. There have always been flaws in the training system, but instead of attempting to fix them, the CEO decided to send in an cold, unpersonable manager to fire anyone she considered to be "underperforming." As a result, many hard-working employees found themselves out of a job, and the company lost several valuable clients.

Advice to Management

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Take a look at what Spherion was doing - it was a flourishing and profitable company prior to the acquisition; those in charge should have worked harder to integrate the best parts of both businesses instead of tossing the old processes completely out the window and "Randstadizing" (yes, management actually used that term) everything. A serious restructuring of upper management needs to be done - there is one member of upper management I personally worked with who was demeaning, critical, and had the worst people skills I've ever seen. She has done nothing but damage since being placed at that location. Management needs leaders who inspire and encourage their employees to improve on their performance, and who offer every resource available to accomplish betterment of the company on the whole.