Randstad US

There are newer employer reviews for Randstad US

No more holiday pay

Current Employee - Data Entry
Current Employee - Data Entry

I have been working at Randstad US as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

open-ended assignments, starting pay is good (but don't expect raises)

Cons

Starting with Memorial Day 2013, Randstad will no longer pay its contract employees holiday pay. They made it nearly impossible for you to get holiday pay to begin with, having to work an average of 1000hrs in the past 26wks and an average of 35hrs in the past 4wks. The company I'm contracting for, had furlough weeks over Christmas. I've been on assignment for over 2yrs, no chance for being hired permanently, no raises, and have only been paid for TWO holidays in that time because the furlough weeks screwed up any chance for holiday pay I ever had. Now, nothing. That's an entire day of missed pay, essentially a bill going unpaid because Randstad is being greedy and not rewarding their employees.

Employees work better when they're rewarded for their hard work. Take away the ONE thing they got rewarded for, and they'll look elsewhere. I am. I no longer want anything to do with Randstad. Ever.

350 Other Employee Reviews for Randstad US (View Most Recent)

A Great Company

Former Employee - Quality Control in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Control in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Randstad US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Job had decent pay, with good coworkers and it was a great environment

Cons

Working at the early hours of the day

Keep up the good work

A good employment experience gone bad.

I worked at Randstad US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for Spherion in one of the corporate offices prior to their having been bought out by Randstad. The employees were naturally concerned when we were told that our company had been acquired, and the "big wigs" came in and presented all sorts of slideshows and idealistic speeches about how the company was going to get much better. The pros for working with Spherion were wonderful - great pay, benefits, and a genuine desire to see all employees succeed. There was an open-door policy with upper management that made employees feel as though their concerns would be heard and addressed.

Cons

All the reassurances and posturing about the grand ideas Randstad had for Spherion were outright untruths. Since the acquisition, things for Spherion have taken a rapid downturn. The transition was a complete mess, with bad communicating, inadequate training on the new systems, and the general feeling that we had been subject to a "hostile takeover." Most of the employees were in fear of losing their jobs, and there was little done to attempt to reassure us. There have always been flaws in the training system, but instead of attempting to fix them, the CEO decided to send in an cold, unpersonable manager to fire anyone she considered to be "underperforming." As a result, many hard-working employees found themselves out of a job, and the company lost several valuable clients.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Take a look at what Spherion was doing - it was a flourishing and profitable company prior to the acquisition; those in charge should have worked harder to integrate the best parts of both businesses instead of tossing the old processes completely out the window and "Randstadizing" (yes, management actually used that term) everything. A serious restructuring of upper management needs to be done - there is one member of upper management I personally worked with who was demeaning, critical, and had the worst people skills I've ever seen. She has done nothing but damage since being placed at that location. Management needs leaders who inspire and encourage their employees to improve on their performance, and who offer every resource available to accomplish betterment of the company on the whole.

There are newer employer reviews for Randstad US