Rangam Consultants

www.rangam.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rangam Consultants

Great company to work with.

Current Employee - Consultant in Raritan, NJ
Current Employee - Consultant in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Very open compensation negotiation with recruiters. No games. The hourly rate offered is the best in the market. I have been working as an consultant for over 15 years and not seen fair and open rate negotiations. Also the timings and approval for submission was very vigorous. The recruiters have worked very closely with me for submissions to the end client.

Cons

Too many layers for screening and submission.

Rangam Consultants Response

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

We thank you for your feedback.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Rangam Consultants (View Most Recent)

At Rangam, I took a second look at my professional capabilities, only to realize that the first look was inadequate.

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Rangam Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Professional work culture, client-centric focus, fantastic people, employees have access to the best resources, ample opportunities for career growth

Cons

A bit more clarity on policy matters would be most welcome

Keep up the good work.

Rangam Consultants Response

Aug 6, 2014Director HR

We appreciate your feedback.

Rangam provided good opportunities in a tough economy.

Current Employee - IT Applications Support Analyst
    Current Employee - IT Applications Support Analyst

I have been working at Rangam Consultants as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rangam is meticulous about placing candidates in the right positions. They want to make sure that the candidate is a good match for the job or they won't place the candidate there. They are very aware of the culture of the companies that they provide placement for and want to make sure their candidates feel comfortable with their work assignments. My pay rate was good and my assignment eventually led to a permanent position with a big corporation. I learned a lot and had an opportunity to work on assignments outside of my immediate skill set and comfort zone. Rangam gave me opportunities to explore and learn. Much of this was because of my own ambition and work ethic, so I would always urge anyone on a contract assignment to work very hard and give your best effort every day. The HR manager (Geetanjali) was professional and always responsive. The payroll manager operated with the utmost efficiency. HR and Payroll were a phone call away. If I had a problem, they resolved it quickly and to my satisfaction.

Cons

As a contractor, you are pretty much on your own. You must always remember to put your best foot forward daily and be a professional. Contract agencies don't really represent you - they represent their own companies and their reputations are important, so don't risk your own reputation by creating conflict on the job. You aren't going to get an opportunity to get formal training for any technical certification, so plan to pay for that out of your own pocket. Also, plan to have time off without pay, unless you work out an arrangement in advance and it's spelled out in your contract.

Rangam HR is pretty good about checking on the consultants that they place. Rangam could benefit from scheduling monthly 1-on-1's with each consultant placed in the field. My assignment was far away from New Jersey.
    I always welcomed a "hows it going?" phone call from the Rangam office. Regular feedback from consultants is always a good thing whether things are going well or not going well at the work assignment. Also, Rangam should expect and plan on consultants taking time off. The burnout factor can loom large with extended weeks without time off. Consultants that travel on business for the client should have a company credit cards, so travel expenses don't have to come out the consultant's pocket. The need to pay travel expenses was an irritant for me.

There are newer employer reviews for Rangam Consultants