Rapid7

Great sales experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rapid7

Pros

Ability to make a name for yourself.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Rapid7 (View Most Recent)

Excellent career move from Fortune 500 to Rapid7

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

I had a difficult decision leaving a Fortune 500 company of 8 1/2 years to come to Rapid7, giving up seniority and comfort. After 9 months at Rapid7, I have no regrets. The colleagues I work with are easy to get along with, intelligent and welcoming. Everybody is truly passionate about making the best possible products for our customers and giving excellent customer service. I have only worked a few weekends in my 9 months here, and maintain a regular 40-50 hour work week. The upside potential for this company is astonishing.

Cons

It is an intense environment which can be difficult when balancing work/life, if you let it. Benefits have gotten much better over the past 9 months, but still are only about 85% of the benefits I had at my previous job. The nerf gun wars can get annoying at times, but are generally fun.

Continue doing exactly what you are doing: improving our benefits, encouraging work and life balance, and making our work environment enviable by those looking in.

Irrevocably fulfilling and meaningful.

Current Employee - Talent Scout in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Scout in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

I have been here for 5 years and have had several opportunities to grow, develop and wear multiple hats. I went from a general office admin to sales support to HR to recruiting.

An interesting statistic is that 75% of the people have been at Rapid7 for at least 3 years. Most of those folks have been promoted to management positions or have moved on to other departments and roles.

In addition, I am surrounded by A players. Everyone I know is passionate about what they do and goes above and beyond the status quo.

Cons

You have to keep learning and be passionate to do exceptional work. Anyone that falls short of that will not make it here.

Keep our energy alive, with the people we hire as we grow and overall cultural environment. As much as I enjoy the structure of a corporate environment, I enjoy and would like to keep the fast-paced mentality everyone has from the startup days.

There are newer employer reviews for Rapid7