A great group of people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The folks in Los Angeles working on software were great to work with. They all worked together to get the products out. It was some of the best teamwork in the true sense of the word that I have ever been a part of.

Cons

No matching on the 401k.

reviews filtered by

Vapid7 DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

high-profile location in Boston; often free food from meetings, etc. usually pizza or sandwiches

Cons

cult-like environment; "frat boy" atmosphere; harassment and bullying from sales teams; little to no concern for anybody NOT in sales; no support from upper mgmt; EXTREMELY high turnover; stupid office games such as being shot at with nerf guns when you walk through the sales bullpen; blasting techno music in the bullpen undermines professionalism; getting time off is a struggle, even for funerals and doctor's appointments; i could almost never afford to take a lunch break with the amount of work piled upon me so I worked through lunch at least 4 days a week (i often refused to not take a lunch Friday) so I had to eat at my desk if I could eat at all; they lie about the hours I was told 8-5 but I worked 7-6 if you're not there late you get talked about behind your back; ridiculed for not "drinking the kool-aid" for stupid company rituals like high-fiving sales people when they make a deal and get to ring a loud, obnoxious gong and everyone lines up to high-five the sales person - if you don't high five the sales person, you're ostracized and considered not a "team player" and it looks bad; you'll get fired easily and never see it coming; very politically-driven environment where you need to watch your back. this is truly the most awful company i have ever worked for. i quit and never looked back. ABSOLUTELY NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE WHATSOEVER STAY FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY DO NOT BELIEVE THE PITCH THEY TRY TO ROPE YOU IN WITH WHEN YOU INTERVIEW STAY FAR AWAY IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY HAVE A WORK/LIFE BALANCE

Advice to Management

look at yourself and the awful company you're leading. i don't care how great your software or services are - you have no respect for people. you treat people as if they're tools. go to hell.

Good while it lasted...but glad that I left.

Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture -- it's like working with a bunch of friends. Excellent health insurance plan and vacation policy.

Cons

They don't care about your personal growth. They will train you, but if you express interest in growing beyond your role, they will intimidate you to whip you back into place.

Advice to Management

Learn to see beyond your team's current duties, and allow for true personal development. You've lost some amazing people because you didn't allow them to expand their horizons.