Rasmussen College

www.rasmussen.edu
  www.rasmussen.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Rasmussen College

The current stage of growth at Rasmussen provided opportunity for hands on, experience-based career development.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Rasmussen College

Pros

Good place for hands on career development.

Cons

Company is trapped technically with many hands-on processes that are tedious and draining time-wise and prone to misinterpretation and error.

The company has a wonderful vision in where you are headed, however, to do this more efficiently and accurately, you may want to consider ditching tedious manual tracking systems in favor of automated.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Rasmussen College (View Most Recent)

The Program Manager position has an extremely high burnout rate.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Rasmussen College

Pros

I started out at an above average salary because of my past experience and was able to increase my salary by 16% in two years. The health insurance provided by Rasmussen was above average.

Cons

Jobs are constantly threatened. Its all about hitting a number and if you miss your number you are treated like scum of the earth. I was constantly discouraged from taking my vacation time because it would take away time for me to enroll students.

Listen to the program managers. They are the ones who are producing the revenue for the company. Most management decisions were made without any consultation from program managers.

More 'for profit' less 'college'

Current Employee - Middle Management in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Rasmussen College

Pros

You can advance rapidly if you are willing to pledge allegiance to the company flag. Be a good employee, make a name for yourself and you can move forward.

Cons

The higher you get within the corporation, the more you realize the actual corporate values. #1 value is to turn a profit, NOT to change lives like they like to say. Upper management likes to change for the sake of change rather than because it's what best for students. The whole organization has no clue what it's doing, it's like upper management is just guessing what is going to work without listening to people who actually know what's going on. The constant refusal to upgrade pay of adjunct instructors is EMBARRASSING.

Quit moving people into management because they have the right last name (nepotism) or because they do all kinds of things to call attention to themselves. Look for real management and academic skills and understanding. You can't run a college completely as a business. Kristi Waite is a figurehead. She has no idea what is going on in her college. Rasmussen was bought out, it is not what it used to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Rasmussen College