There are newer employer reviews for Rasmussen College

It has been like working with extended family.

Current Intern - Work Study in Mokena, IL
Current Intern - Work Study in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Rasmussen College as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I am able to find out the inner workings that goes into the planning of the events. It has also helped prepare me for my field of study and for when I find a position with a company within it.

Cons

I have not had anything considered a con.

Other Employee Reviews for Rasmussen College

1. Don't plan to retire here.

Former Employee - Dean in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Dean in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Rasmussen College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to go if you want to get some experience in higher education, and use that experience to leave (or get fired) and move on to a job at a REAL college instead of a for-profit, make-believe college. There are some genuinely good people who work here that mean well and try to help students, but they are hamstrung by poor leadership and worse policies.

Cons

Management is clueless when it comes to education and motivated by their own little agendas and profits, not the benefit of the students. Every level of management is a continuous revolving door, except a few key people who are running it like it's their own private playground. Anyone who speaks out even a little about poor executive decisions is accused of insubordination and usually terminated. The college has made HUGE profits year-in and year-out and claims it can't afford pay raises. Well, someone's making money hand-over-fist. It isn't the employees.

Advice to Management

Recognize that a college is not a supermarket, and when you short-change employees and students you hurt yourself in the long run. Quit running the college based on short-term profits and trying to fool accreditation into thinking you're legit, and really work to improve the academic experience.

2. Middle Manager Reviews Rasmussen

Current Employee - Director of Student Affairs in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Director of Student Affairs in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Rasmussen College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Student Success is top priority. Proprietary College that cares about students, financial obligations and placement Offers scholarships to employees for education Collaboration among campuses

Cons

Economy has caused a slow down in hiring staff leaving those already hired to do many jobs Many manual processes that could be upgraded.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to make this a top business in which to work.