Rational Enterprise

www.rationalenterprise.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Rational Enterprise

HUGE employee turnover rate.

Current Employee - QA/Support
Current Employee - QA/Support

I have been working at Rational Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good location, good benefits, fun perks (monthly after-work bar tab), friendly and reliable core group of employees who stay as everybody around them leaves or is fired.

Cons

Management and developers are always at loggerheads, very dysfunctional. Employees are always quitting or being fired, new developers are always being hired... there's little job security.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Growing company that trusts its employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Albany, NY

I have been working at Rational Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The development team is trusted to own the code and make technical decisions. There have been interesting projects over the last year and more on the roadmap. The dev manager is committed to improving our product and making sure the team has enough time to get projects done, and team-driven process improvement efforts are fully supported. The company as a whole is full of smart, hardworking people.

Cons

The company is going through some growing pains. There was quite a bit of turnover leaving some teams understaffed, and some management politics that we're thankfully shielded from. There are often more projects than people, which can lead to some prioritization issues.

Advice to Management

Try to be more realistic about the amount of work our small team can accomplish. If you want the agility to adapt priorities to meet business opportunities, we'll need to invest more time in the architecture and infrastructure to support it. Keep up the positive work and improvements made so far!

2. Not so Rational

I worked at Rational Enterprise

Pros

None that come to mind.

Cons

Antiquated technology, no marketing, sketchy management. Poor and condescending culture in which you are micro managed. Surprised this company is still hanging around. Run, don't walk.