Rational Enterprise

www.rationalenterprise.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Rational Enterprise

HUGE employee turnover rate.

Current Employee - QA/Support
Current Employee - QA/Support

I have been working at Rational Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good location, good benefits, fun perks (monthly after-work bar tab), friendly and reliable core group of employees who stay as everybody around them leaves or is fired.

Cons

Management and developers are always at loggerheads, very dysfunctional. Employees are always quitting or being fired, new developers are always being hired... there's little job security.

Other Employee Reviews for Rational Enterprise

1. Growing company that trusts its employees

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Albany, NY

I have been working at Rational Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The development team is trusted to own the code and make technical decisions. There have been interesting projects over the last year and more on the roadmap. The dev manager is committed to improving our product and making sure the team has enough time to get projects done, and team-driven process improvement efforts are fully supported. The company as a whole is full of smart, hardworking people.

Cons

The company is going through some growing pains. There was quite a bit of turnover leaving some teams understaffed, and some management politics that we're thankfully shielded from. There are often more projects than people, which can lead to some prioritization issues.

Advice to Management

Try to be more realistic about the amount of work our small team can accomplish. If you want the agility to adapt priorities to meet business opportunities, we'll need to invest more time in the architecture and infrastructure to support it. Keep up the positive work and improvements made so far!

2. Terrible place to work at! Stay away!

I worked at Rational Enterprise full-time

Pros

Decent location, lots of nice places to eat at. The office is conveniently reachable - close to major highways and public transport.

Cons

Some of the tech people who used to work here were pretty good, hardworking and professional. However, due to the toxic environment here and the horrible management, all the good people have left. They fire people pretty often. No job security. All the people who have left or been fired so far have got much better jobs after leaving here. One of the serious cons here is that making racist comments is a norm here. I have heard many such comments (not against me but related to some other colleagues). Some jokey, many not. The compensation is a joke here. The job I ended up at after that in the capital region itself ended up offering me a 40% increment than what I got here! Piece of advice - Stay away. There are several much better jobs in the capital region. Even if you need to take this job for some reason, continue looking for other jobs because you will either hate it, or get terminated, or both.

Advice to Management

Engineers are usually treated as a valuable resource by other companies. They are just going to look for other jobs if they are treated terribly like they are now.