Positive

I worked at Ratner Companies

Pros

Family owned company that truly treats employees like their family. Stylist are well paid compaired to other industry companies. Excellent

Cons

I really hated to have been apart of the acquisition sale in 2008. Business decisions sometimes do feel personal.

I would love to have some type of Ratner brand back in the Carolina area, not just for job opportunity but for the quality the branding has.

Other Reviews for Ratner Companies

Hmmm?

I worked at Ratner Companies

Pros

It is a good place to start

Cons

Expectations of corporate offices are really difficult and unrealistic in this economy.

Corporate management needs to be more directly involved with on-site operations.

Okay for a job not a career

I worked at Ratner Companies for more than 5 years

Pros

My experience is working at the home office not as a Stylist in the field. My boss was the was the reason why I worked there for the years that I did. That person was professional, encouraging, talented and smart. I learned a lot from my boss not necessarily from the company. The culture is very cliquish and VP's were very political. It didn't matter if you really worked hard and did your job and got results and worked to grow in your position, as if you weren't "popular" and the "favorite" all your efforts fall by the way side. It was a strange work environment and I'm not sure why HR was there, as profanity was used a lot in meetings and casual conversation and favoritism by VP's. It's an okay place if you are starting out in the workforce but not long term. It is a good place if you don't want to grow in your career and are okay with just showing up to work and collecting a paycheck. Which is fine if that's what you want- a lot of employees have been there for many years but in the same position (I'm talking 10+ yrs doing the same thing every day). The company does not pay a competitive salary. There is a fun factor like Monday bagels, company potlucks, nice PTO .

Cons

Growth, not competitive in salary, un-professional and strange
    environment, favoritism, cliques, a lot of turn-over- especially with VP's and Directors -

There are newer employer reviews for Ratner Companies.

Worked for Ratner Companies? Contribute to the Community!