There are newer employer reviews for Ratner Companies

Okay for a job not a career

I worked at Ratner Companies (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience is working at the home office not as a Stylist in the field. My boss was the was the reason why I worked there for the years that I did. That person was professional, encouraging, talented and smart. I learned a lot from my boss not necessarily from the company. The culture is very cliquish and VP's were very political. It didn't matter if you really worked hard and did your job and got results and worked to grow in your position, as if you weren't "popular" and the "favorite" all your efforts fall by the way side. It was a strange work environment and I'm not sure why HR was there, as profanity was used a lot in meetings and casual conversation and favoritism by VP's. It's an okay place if you are starting out in the workforce but not long term. It is a good place if you don't want to grow in your career and are okay with just showing up to work and collecting a paycheck. Which is fine if that's what you want- a lot of employees have been there for many years but in the same position (I'm talking 10+ yrs doing the same thing every day). The company does not pay a competitive salary. There is a fun factor like Monday bagels, company potlucks, nice PTO .

Cons

Growth, not competitive in salary, un-professional and strange
environment, favoritism, cliques, a lot of turn-over- especially with VP's and Directors -

12 Other Employee Reviews for Ratner Companies (View Most Recent)

Bad company to work for

I have been working at Ratner Companies

Pros

The free education and the training.

Cons

If you're not a part of the click you are not accepted or liked. It's sad to know that adults behave this way in the business world but it's true. I was consistently bullied and attacked by women that behaved like young girls. The higher up's are also a part of this issue and thats why this behavior will never change or stop at all. If you are looking to work here I strongly advise you do your research. I have never experienced such behavior in the work place. It's sad to know that the owners are really great and loving people I hope that someone brings this issue to there attention and they can look into this issue and investigate with HR. No one should experience the consistent behavior/bullying that I went through. This behavior needs to stop.

Restructure the Management team and bring people that are serious about work.

Decent company

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Ratner Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family and fun culture. Management team are very considerate and caring. CEO and president walk around the headquarter to greeting people and listen to people constantly. A lot of company fun events. Free hair cut coupon and hair product coupon every month. Flexible hours and low pressure at work. Up to 24 days unpaid leave after 5 years of employment.

Cons

Salary is low. Management team is against the idea of working from home.

There are newer employer reviews for Ratner Companies