There are newer employer reviews for Rayhawk

Rayhawk, a highly professional and generous company

Former Contractor - Lead Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA
Former Contractor - Lead Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Rayhawk as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rayhawk is a highly professional and generous company to work for, which shares the same values as its founder, Dr. Raihan Haque. I was one of the first graphic design contractors to work for Rayhawk starting in 2001. Since then, we have worked on numerous projects together such as websites, flash animations, packaging design, and print promotional pieces. I have had an exceptional working relationship with the company, its founder, and its employees. They encouraged and provided me with the freedom to be creative and to push the envelope in designs that created both value and distinction for our clients. Suggestions for improvements and critiques were not only welcomed but expected in all the work we do from concepts, to design, and execution. The Founder and President, Dr. Haque, has a very enthusiastic personality and is very encouraging of others. He motivates us to produce the best work we can and rewards us with bonuses when we over deliver.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Other Employee Reviews for Rayhawk

1. Rewarding work experience that made me a better physician

Current Contractor - Content Developer in New Hyde Park, NY
    Current Contractor - Content Developer in New Hyde Park, NY

I have been working at Rayhawk as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working as a medical content developer I was given the rare opportunity to fuse two very different, yet important, passions of mine into what has been an extremely rewarding work experience. As a doctor and English major, my position here allows me to make use of my love of medicine as well as my skill in written communication. While my focus will always remain hands-on patient care, I treasure the time I spend working with Rayhawk because it keeps me immersed in relevant healthcare issues. I only have positive feelings about this firm. My time here continues to refine my talents and has ultimately made me a better physician.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of is the stress that sometimes comes with deadlines. However, I found this to be motivating more than stressful. And the collaborative spirit of the creative team is always a buffer against the pressures of this position.

Advice to Management

The freedom and encouragement to explore new ideas while finding your voice, I feel, is the backbone of this company’s content development strategy. I would implore you to continue providing this sort of environment for your all of your content team members. It can only lead to continued success in the future.

2. I got lucky!

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Rayhawk as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I began with Rayhawk as a graphic design intern in August 2012. Now I am a contractor with the firm and I love this work environment – it is friendly, competitive, and exciting. Rayhawk utilizes the latest technology and maintains some of the highest quality standards in the industry. It is a true creative agency, building dynamic campaigns for all our clients. Even as an intern I was able to work with some confidential and important clients. The average client with Rayhawk seems to have been with the firm for many years and they always seem excited to hear from us. In addition, I have the pleasure of working with a tight knit group of talented individuals, who always put their important tasks aside to assist me in anything I need. The owner is a caring and endearing man, who always makes things exciting at the office. It is truly a task to find employers with as much compassion and selflessness when it comes to how they treat their employees. I lucked out big time.

Cons

Rayhawk is a relatively small company and their model is to work with experts on a contract basis. So while I might keep doing periodic projects for the firm, the opportunity for full-time employment is limited, also their asset management protocols are very strict and there is NO room for error.

Advice to Management

Advice to Senior Management – My suggestions to Rayhawk would be to give the appropriate amount of attention to larger clients while maintaining a smaller but fulfilling amount of attention to the other clients. Also, be a little flexible with your “Asset Management Protocols”.