There are newer employer reviews for Raymond James Financial

nice place to work right out of school, but advancement comes slowly here

Current Employee - Margin Liaison in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Margin Liaison in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Raymond James Financial

Pros

physically nice workspace, EXCELLENT in-house Raymond James school for learning, good comraderie among employees. the in-house education was fantastic, during work hours, and helped one constantly keep abreast of the changes in the financial world.

Cons

no advancement beyond stated "levels" no matter how qualified you may be. no moving from Level 3 to Level 5 without first going through the hoops of Level 4, even if you clearly are capable and pick things up quicker than your peers.

Advice to Management

promote people based on work product and skillset rather than just how long they've been with the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. RJA ALL THE WAY!!!

Former Employee - Summer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Summer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Raymond James Financial

Pros

RJA is a wonderful place to get your foot in the door. I interned their over the summer and found everybody to be absolutely wonderful. The perks are awesome, and the management really gives you a chance to make an impression. If they like you they will invite you back. Cannot say enough good things about the place.

Cons

Even though I was only an intern, I still thought the hourly rate was low anyhow. But, I suppose you have to pay your dues. I would make the same decision again. Some places dont even pay their interns. I highly recommend RJA.

Advice to Management

Set up a structured intern program for all branches, not just the headquarters.

2. q

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Raymond James Financial

Pros

Friendly environment, young motivated crowd, company is adding individuals in a period of market turbulence, plenty of mobility available after staying in current position one year, teams work very well together, hiring process is thorough... Other perks include a ridiculous amount of art in all 4 buildings, 2 cafeterias on campus as well as drycleaning, post office, an ATM for the bank. The company intranet is a bit cumbersome but it has a lot of information to view including viewing and calculating your compensation and retirement package. It's also nice to park in a garage to shield the car from the summertime heat.

Cons

pay for reserved parking !

Advice to Management

q