Raymond James Financial

www.raymondjames.com

Great work/home balance. People are friendly including most management.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsWork from home days, employees are friendly and that includes most of the mid-level management. Not a hard job for an average IT employee. Good learning available to learn the business. Not a lot of overtime. If you like art work, you can't beat RJ as every wall has paintings. Largest collection in the south east US. Stable company, no layoffs.

ConsIn IT (software engineers), learning about the business is not mentioned or pushed. Technical growth to keep up with the industry is severely lacking. Book shelves of IT books from the 90's. Many of the SE III an IV have never used design patterns. If you want some new technology, this is not the place. Very mainframe/waterfall mindset. Overall, good managers if they have a technical background. Otherwise, they do more harm than good.
No gym that is close by and no interest from the company in fixing that situation.
The good people stay for awhile, get bored then leave. Salary is below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet serious about IT training and that includes learning the business. When we do "lessons learned" take that knowledge and apply it. We keep making the same mistakes over and over. The new NE management's answer is to lower everyone's review a notch or two to send a message with no substance that has made it down to the people that do the work. Give us the opportunity to move forward with training and other perks to keep the good talent. Lowering everyone's review = much lower bonus/salary increase by itself is not going to work.

Excellent place to grow with great opportunities to excel.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

I worked at Raymond James Financial

Pros: Raymond James is strong firm that take a very conservative approach to its business practices and in the deals it participates. The… Cons: Raymond James' conservative policies sometimes get in the way of… Advice to Senior Management: Being that I worked in a small office that essentially ran like a hedge fund, I was extremely satisfied with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Grew on many levels except salary.

Great Culture, Low Payout (Depending On Your Career Path) (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Raymond James Financial

Pros: The culture is amazing. There are several events and programs that encourage employee growth, charitable events and just plain fun (ask someone about Halloween).… Cons: All that said, there is very little pay in any career paths that don't directly involve trading. For some, the cultural and non-monetary compensations… Advice to Senior Management: Realize that while being conservative has enabled you to stay afloat through some truly traumatic… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Raymond James Financial.

Worked for Raymond James Financial? Contribute to the Community!