Raymond James Financial

www.raymondjames.com

Satisfied, but needs some improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsNo Micro-managing, management/supervisors are flexible and allow us to work from home when needed, good work-life balance. Team gets along well for the most part. There are many, many dynamic, driven and talented individuals at RJ, plenty of high-caliber mentors. My team is encouraged to get any license they'd like to obtain. Good support from leadership, company engages in community service initiatives, and is working to improve diversity. Good benefits, profit sharing (cheap 401k match though) health insurance, etc.

ConsPay is low, despite education and licensing. "Good old boys" mentality is rampant, but new leadership is changing that dynamic (albeit slowly). The general concensus is that anyone who went to the University of Florida walks on water; these people have established their own 'secret society' in which the choice positions and projects are reserved for "Gators". Middle management is an issue- many of them are older, have been at the firm over 10 years, are used to things being a certain way and are uncomfortable with change. Moving internally is difficult (unless, of course, you went to UF).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of middle management, diversify those in charge, give people who DIDN'T go to UF a chance to grow at the company, too. Evaluate middle managers and the priviliges they give each other. FIX HR- the department is a mess. Other than that, I am very confident in the changes Paul Reilly will bring and has brought thus far. Very competent leadership.

It is a good place to work, but career growth and pay is limited

Vice President (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Raymond James Financial

Pros: Raymond James is an established company, which can provide for a stable job. Their health insurance is pretty good. And they… Cons: Since they are not on Wall Street, Raymond James knows they can get away with lower pay compared to other financial companies. Most of the… More

I enjoy working for Raymond James, but wish the company was more widely recognized by the general public.

Intern (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Raymond James Financial

Pros: Laid back corporate culture with a boutique approach to financial… Cons: Low name brand recognition and diversified operations Advice to Senior Management: Increased brand marketing and management is desperately needed Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Raymond James Financial.

Worked for Raymond James Financial? Contribute to the Community!