Raymour & Flanigan

www.raymourflanigan.com

Hired to be fired

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsFun coworkers, nicely set up sales interface on computer, nice working conditions, excellent 2-week training program, "Friends and Family" cards given me will provide kindling for firepit for many future summers.

ConsTraining stops when you walk onto the sales floor.

When you are hired, you are given income figures that, in this particular store, are unattainable for a new associate out of the gate. Long-term associates grand stand in front of store, management does nothing to stop it.

There are unreasonable hours- when it is slow and the store is over-staffed, you are required to make your "delivered" sales numbers, or draw kicks in, meaning you essentially sat there in their sales office, babysitting their furniture -- for free. You are only as good as your weekly delivered -- no weight is given to sales made but delivered outside the week.

The management was inconsistent.

In an overstaffed store, you are not only competing with other retailers, you are competing with your own coworkers, as well as local Raymour stores. This creates an unhealthy atmosphere based on fear of not making your "period."

Open Door Policy is non-existent.

You are penalized when you don't sell their Extended Warranty program, and also when selling the financing that they have perpetually advertised.

12-hour mandatory Wednesdays - when full-staff is in, you are expected to "make appointments" for bogus "events." When there aren't enough customers coming in to make an appointment with, you are SOL.

One-on-one's are not designed to help the associate improve, only to document for dismissal.

There is no HR department to speak to effectively.

Scare tactic meetings that were held about UNIONS were hysterical and worthy of being an SNL skit, provided many good belly laughs.

Being terminated was the best thing that happened to me. I wake up every morning thanking my lucky stars I don't EVER have to go back there. Thanks guys!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy don't you follow your own Mission Statement???? Geez, you made me memorize the stupid thing in training!

past experience

Showroom Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time for more than a year

Pros: the pay is good for manager's Cons: long and late hour's. work almost all holiday's and all weekends. separation… Advice to Senior Management: practice what you preach in regard's to executing company values.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Team

Store Stock Associate (Former Employee) Phila, PA

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good working relationship with all employees at the store. HR… Cons: All depends of course on store management and the visual merchandiser that you will… Advice to Senior Management: Back room associates sometimes do not get respect from store… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Raymour & Flanigan.

Worked for Raymour & Flanigan? Contribute to the Community!