Raymour & Flanigan

www.raymourflanigan.com
  www.raymourflanigan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raymour & Flanigan

A Good Opportunity for those who are willing to put forth the effort!

Current Employee - Home Furnishing Consultant in Brick, NJ
Current Employee - Home Furnishing Consultant in Brick, NJ

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, advertising support from corporate, compassionate genuine camaraderie among co-workers as well as store management. Corporate atmosphere which has clear attainable directives. Accessible, direct contact and involvement from the corporation owners.

Cons

Long hours. Overlapping sales & promos diluting the urgency of the public's need to purchase during the event.

Keep your positive outlook and approach to mentoring staff with hands on involvement to closing business and advancing skills.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Raymour & Flanigan (View Most Recent)

Disappointing experience. RUN!

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan (less than an year)

Pros

Week days off to look for different employment. Met many new friends while working there we stay in touch. Easy to sell products, three day delivery. Can make money of you are willing to give up any life outside the showroom.

Cons

Poor leadership, no room for growth. Hours Hours Hours. Poor training skills. I feel I wasted the 6 months that I worked there. The weekly one on ones leave you feeling you will never be good enough. I would only recommend working here if you have nothing else. I passed up a different opportunity to accept a position there and kicking myself for it.

Find out what really goes on, talk to the little guy!

Slave Labor

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Johnson City, NY
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant in Johnson City, NY

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hmmm. Having a hard time with this. Possibly the affordable prices and for the most part friendly customers. Two week training was packed with information.

Cons

Expected to work 6-day weeks at time (since your are not an hourly employee but on commission vs.draw, no overtime pay for you). Not allowed to have a life when you work a 6 day week.
    Floor is flooded with salespeople. Salespeople are encouraged to work on their day off to further flood the sales floor. "Come in whenever you please." says manager. At that rate one can hardly make draw. Only the smooth-talking and slick survive. Very sleazy car-salesman-like. Not my type of sales environment.
    You are paid only when the furniture gets delivered. For a sale with clients building or waiting to close on a home that could mean months. Meanwhile you busted your behind to make the sale, Raymour and Flanigan has got the money in the bank, and you still didn't get paid. Shame on this company!
    You're encouraged to stalk the customer. Customers feel suffocated and uncomfortable. You can be written up if your customer walks out and didn't buy anything and you didn't allow any other associate to sell them. Your fellow associates are encouraged to rat you out if you didn't give them a crack at selling your customer. The pressure is high and things are very micromanaged. Your every move is being watched. No freedom to use your creativity.
    Store and middle management lives in la-la land and lie to themselves and the staff that "it's all good". Meanwhile, they too are in constant fear of losing their jobs and thus pass their fear along to staff members
    Got to have a meeting with owners in Syracuse during the 2-week training period, who pretended to care the entire time. My advice to those who do go to Syracuse - Don't fall for it.
    Very dark, boring, uninspiring, uncreative, non-fashion forward, conservative, monotonous, miserly, stressful, and a straight-jacket of an environment.
    I am so glad I busted out of there!
    Didn't even give notice. I just had to go!

Treat your employees and customers like human beings. We are not work slaves or pieces of meat to be devoured on the selling floor.
    For Corporate Management - You read these comments from your current and former employees yet still don't care enough to make things better for them. Shame on you. So long as the money keeps rolling in for you. That's all that matters…..

There are newer employer reviews for Raymour & Flanigan