Raytheon Applied Signal Technology

www.appsig.com
  www.appsig.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon Applied Signal Technology

Interesting engineering problems to solve and great benefits

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology

Pros

It has the best benefits I've ever had. Also, the culture is one of trust that people will do the right thing and solve the problems they are asked to solve. Engineers are allowed to do what they want think is right.

Cons

Focus is more on individual effort than team performance and team synergy. Being allowed to do what you think is best is great when you're right and frustrating when help and support is needed. We solve hard problems and sometimes more people working together would get things done faster.

People need more recognition - not just the percieved superstars.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, but don't rest on your laurels.

Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology

Pros

The technology is really on the leading edge. There are a lot of extremely smart engineers and scientists working in the company, and they freely share their expertise with everyone, without any attitude. There is plenty of in house training, as well as team mentors. People here are fun, real, and interesting to work with, and I feel that it is a great place to hone my engineering and leadership skills. If I ever get tired of working here, I'll be able to go anywhere.

Cons

There is no effort or awareness from the company to explore being greener, or reducing the corporate carbon footprint.

Reign in the board of directors and ask them why in the midst of cutting corporate overhead (by looking at reducing benefits,) they gave themselves a significant raise.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Contracts Administrator in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology

Pros

Great work environment. Excellent compensation package. The work is challenging and the employees are (for the most part) all very intelligent, hard-working, and friendly.

Cons

Working in a government contracting environment can be a bit frustrating and tedious with all of the myriad rules, regulations, and red tape.

None