Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
  www.raytheon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great customer to support!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

The customer you are supporting makes your work very rewarding. You know that you are impacting the lives of your customer each day. The work environment was very friendly and each person was easy to get along with. The team I was on held fun outings every few months. The management team I was under communicated very well with us and let us know how we could improve and rewarded us when we went the extra mile. The people were very willing to show you new things and help you learn new areas of the system. Teamwork was very important in the group I was a part of.

Cons

The location I was at and the specific program I was on did not have many opportunities for advancement. I had to look outside my immediate program.

I did not interact with Senior Management very much.

1538 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Raytheon offers broad opportunities for slow and steady career growth.

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

The company stresses flexibility in hours and time off in support of work life balance. Information sessions and non work activities are abundant should you make the time for them. The people are professional and pleasant thus promoting a culture of communication.

Cons

As of this writing, the work demands places more pressure to hit milestones at the expense of personal time. Decreases in training and non-work activities are effecting morale.

Although the org chart is flat, I do not feel that we as a collective are engaged enough with Senior Management.

A good place to start.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

work/life balance, casual dress code that is highly conducive to a productive environment. I've seen much smaller, lesser companies make a big issue out of a dress code and drive employees crazy when they don't even have to meet customers in person. People can do a lot more when they are comfortable.
    I thought the benefits were decent and I thought the people were very friendly and professional.

Cons

I don't know the company well enough at this point to critique it.

Honestly, I thought there were way too many useless meetings going on all the time. The managers seemed a bit
    frustrated by the constant random organizational meetings that interupted the workday every week. I understand that it's important to stress ethics, to reinforce 6 sigma, to have meetings about finding ways to better your department, but
    I felt like those meetings were a little too often.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon