There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great customer to support!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

The customer you are supporting makes your work very rewarding. You know that you are impacting the lives of your customer each day. The work environment was very friendly and each person was easy to get along with. The team I was on held fun outings every few months. The management team I was under communicated very well with us and let us know how we could improve and rewarded us when we went the extra mile. The people were very willing to show you new things and help you learn new areas of the system. Teamwork was very important in the group I was a part of.

Cons

The location I was at and the specific program I was on did not have many opportunities for advancement. I had to look outside my immediate program.

Advice to Management

I did not interact with Senior Management very much.

reviews filtered by
  1. Raytheon SAS El Segundo

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer I Intern in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer I Intern in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

The best reasons to work for Raytheon SAS would be for the pay, location, and if you don't want to work hard. I worked in LA where it never rains and is always sunny. The company offers flex time so you get every other friday off. Also if you aren't a early person, you can come in later and stay later.

Cons

The downsides of working at Raytheonn SAS is you aren't challenged at all. You don't see much of your manager. My manager was in a seperate building and didn't have any engineering experience. If you aren't a go getter and don't take charge of your career you can get left behind in this huge company.

Advice to Management

The feedback or advice that I would give to Senior Management would be to give more responsibilities to the interns. Expose them to other fellows who are familiar with the way things work so the interns can learn from hands on.

2. The 10,000 foot view

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Working with very technically competent people on advanced technology.

Cons

Poor support of training opportunities when the company will be paying for it. Merit raises are almost an insult given the rate of inflation. Merit raises for high performers should at least help improve the life of the person who is bringing value to the company.

Advice to Management

While I understand that merit raises are justified by performance (not a right); it is nearly an insult to receive a raise of 4% when a review shows Exceeds or Far Exceed Expectations. In order for Raytheon to retain the talent it needs to stay ahead of its' competitors it must learn to reward those that are responsible for keeping them there. In other words, a merit raise should at least help improve the life of those that are high performers otherwise they may feel under appreciated and find employment elsewhere. Further improve the vehicles used to recognize employees for performing above and beyond the call of duty. Impress upon the program managers to take a more active role in using program money and/or Raytheon money to fund those acheivement awards. Provide funding for necessary training to stay ahead of our competitors (ie. leadership, trade shows, and speciallized skills).