Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Great customer to support!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

The customer you are supporting makes your work very rewarding. You know that you are impacting the lives of your customer each day. The work environment was very friendly and each person was easy to get along with. The team I was on held fun outings every few months. The management team I was under communicated very well with us and let us know how we could improve and rewarded us when we went the extra mile. The people were very willing to show you new things and help you learn new areas of the system. Teamwork was very important in the group I was a part of.

Cons

The location I was at and the specific program I was on did not have many opportunities for advancement. I had to look outside my immediate program.

I did not interact with Senior Management very much.

1601 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

The place to work if you like to get paid to be a warm body.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

If you like a low workload, this is the place for you.
    The people seem very nice.
    This is a great place to get started working and learn basic coding skills.
    Popcorn on wednesdays.

Cons

There is no interesting work, especially if you are new to the division. All work here is maintenance work, no new development.
    I have not done any design work or coding really at all in the 6 months I have been here. Thus far I have fixed bugs and written documentation. When I've tried to change this situation, I have been told by my management that I have to stay doing nothing (sorry "writing" documentation) because now they have money and need to spend the money. I am not a special case here, this happens to most ALL new employees coming in.
    Software engineering is 15-20 years behind the commercial industry. I'm talking basic techniques and tools here.

Start hiring technical writers and systems engineers to do your documentation.
    Plan your staffing! You have too many people sitting around doing nothing!
    Stop hiring so many new employees straight out of college and assimilate what you have.
    You don't have enough business to support hiring all these people continuously. You will decrease how much you spend if you don't have so many people sitting around waiting for assignment. This means you won't go over budget so much and your customers will be happier with you.

Good Profits using the Bully system

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, RI

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Benefits,compensation, networking, customer interface and training

Cons

Raytheon does not promote from within. Politics is more important than job performance

Wake up - treat your employees with respect or you will be left with new hires with no experience

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon