There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Some of the smartest people with whom you can work

Current Employee - Engineering Fellow  in  Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Engineering Fellow in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Intellectual challenge for analyzing, building, and testing advanced sensors. Managers recognize effective communication as well as thorough analysis of a problem and innovative solutions. "Hire a bunch of really smart people and let them figure out what they're supposed to do."

Cons

New grads can get lost. Many of the most interesting projects are classified. Accounting system does not motivate programs to mentor or train junior engineers.

Company needs to differentiate labor costs so that programs *want* junior people to solve problems. Current accounting leads every program to staff the most senior people they can find.

1442 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Great customer to support!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II  in  Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Springfield, VA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

The customer you are supporting makes your work very rewarding. You know that you are impacting the lives of your customer each day. The work environment was very friendly and each person was easy to get along with. The team I was on held fun outings every few months. The management team I was under communicated very well with us and let us know how we could improve and rewarded us when we went the extra mile. The people were very willing to show you new things and help you learn new areas of the system. Teamwork was very important in the group I was a part of.

Cons

The location I was at and the specific program I was on did not have many opportunities for advancement. I had to look outside my immediate program.

I did not interact with Senior Management very much.

A good place to start.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

work/life balance, casual dress code that is highly conducive to a productive environment. I've seen much smaller, lesser companies make a big issue out of a dress code and drive employees crazy when they don't even have to meet customers in person. People can do a lot more when they are comfortable.
    I thought the benefits were decent and I thought the people were very friendly and professional.

Cons

I don't know the company well enough at this point to critique it.

Honestly, I thought there were way too many useless meetings going on all the time. The managers seemed a bit
    frustrated by the constant random organizational meetings that interupted the workday every week. I understand that it's important to stress ethics, to reinforce 6 sigma, to have meetings about finding ways to better your department, but
    I felt like those meetings were a little too often.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!