Good technical firm

Current Employee - Senior Principal Systems Engineer Manager in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Senior Principal Systems Engineer Manager in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Good place to work from technology viewpoint. Variances in mgmt approaches -

Cons

good tech company, hard to break into mgmt positions and hard to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Good downward communciation in place -- little contact with mgmt.

Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon

1. Great Place & Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I love that we support the miliary war fighter. As a prior military spouse this is a large sense of accomplishment.

Cons

Overall I have not really found any downsides. I love the people and the challenging work. I just wish career advancement was easier in my department.

Advice to Management

Lets keep being the most admired defense and aero space company. Our next couple of years will be tough with miliary spending decreases but we always find new and different products and uses making us very able to withstand the changing economy.

You are expected to Die on the Job , 87 hours a week with travel, by god do not get sick, they still expect you to work

Current Employee - Sf Field Engineer II in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Sf Field Engineer II in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Absolutely cutting edge technology World class programs and project engineering management Good collaboration with team mates as long as they are not at your level Decent Pay

Cons

Peer Team mates on your own level will stab you in the back Friend/ Enemies describes the work environment their is no safe ground Senior Management will blind side you with out good communication and then blame it on you Do not report a problem as it was your fault you found the problem an then you are not a team mate You can absolutely forget work life and family 87 hour weeks and with travel and management is still not happy demanding more hours when you have not been home in 3 months

Advice to Management

Very bad communication skills, Horrible back stabbing, blame shifting environment, mid level management and first level management rocking for some one to stab in the back to move up in the corporate structure. Clicks in this environments rule the universe of Raytheon and it needs to end. You need to value outsiders to you organization when you bring them on Clairvoyance to how your organization expectations to how the organization runs by expectation and not education with out training is absolutely nuts to expect and demand.