Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Raytheon is a long term career type company.

Senior Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

ProsRaytheon provides an even environment under which to develop a strong career in the defense industry. By this, I mean the hours are very regular and the work is constructive in building technical abilities and long standing skills. Projects are often rewarding with a strong mix of technical fields. There are many opportunities to work with various technical disciplines to give you a very strong overall picture of the final products in development.

ConsBecause of the natural pace of the defense industry, Raytheon has a significant amount of politics and bueracracy at the higher levels. As with all companies, it must be dealt with and managed appropriately. However, due to the higher levels of employee retention, old politics tend to play a larger role than in other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware that the legacy employees who are nearing retirement have not welcome the change to the new pace of the defense industry. As such, a lot of weight has added which burdens certain tasks. Thus, it is very difficult to maintain strong momentum even with the best people.

Great opportunity to grow... if you are a take-charge type of person

Senior Contracts Negotiator (Current Employee)
    Andover, MA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: awesome opportunities for growth due to "booming" programs; ability to build skillset in multiple disciplines (i.e. contracts, finance, programs,… Cons: complex avenues for dealing with customers; general defense industry issues at the senior management levels; your ability to show your skills… Advice to Senior Management: empower the good employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Learning to work for Raytheon Technical Services is taking me and my co-workers longer than we expected.

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: They are the only game in town; no other employer is available… Cons: A lack of communication from management to new employees. Assumptions about knowledge that new employees may or may not bring… Advice to Senior Management: Give some advance notice before asking about what we did for the… More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.