Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon is a long term career type company.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Raytheon provides an even environment under which to develop a strong career in the defense industry. By this, I mean the hours are very regular and the work is constructive in building technical abilities and long standing skills. Projects are often rewarding with a strong mix of technical fields. There are many opportunities to work with various technical disciplines to give you a very strong overall picture of the final products in development.

Cons

Because of the natural pace of the defense industry, Raytheon has a significant amount of politics and bueracracy at the higher levels. As with all companies, it must be dealt with and managed appropriately. However, due to the higher levels of employee retention, old politics tend to play a larger role than in other companies.

Be aware that the legacy employees who are nearing retirement have not welcome the change to the new pace of the defense industry. As such, a lot of weight has added which burdens certain tasks. Thus, it is very difficult to maintain strong momentum even with the best people.

1571 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity to grow... if you are a take-charge type of person

Current Employee - Senior Contracts Negotiator in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Contracts Negotiator in Andover, MA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

awesome opportunities for growth due to "booming" programs; ability to build skillset in multiple disciplines (i.e. contracts, finance, programs, engineering, etc.); international travel; opportunity to impact major economic and political decisions; company takes excellent care of employees on travel

Cons

complex avenues for dealing with customers; general defense industry issues at the senior management levels; your ability to show your skills depends on the type of manager you have; fortunately, my managers are excellent so i am in a position to grow

empower the good employees

Learning to work for Raytheon Technical Services is taking me and my co-workers longer than we expected.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

They are the only game in town; no other employer is available for this type of work.
    Work hours and work days can be quite flexible.

Cons

A lack of communication from management to new employees.
    Assumptions about knowledge that new employees may or may not bring with them to the job.
    Confusing briefings by "human resources" people.
    Human resources" people.
    Corporate culture is a shock to former federal employees.

Give some advance notice before asking about what we did for the past month; we weren't required to keep records with the other guys.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon