Raytheon

Very satisfied intern

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

This employer has a take care of you mentality. The culture is to treat other people with respect, and it shows. Very supportive of flexible hours. Interns get basically full benefits including health insurance and paid time off. Easy to maintain a work life balance at Raytheon because of the great hours.

Cons

Like any other big company, employees have a limited ability to change Raytheon's direction. Things move slow at times, and you may get stuck waiting for other people. Generally speaking, everything gets done, but it may not be as soon as you would like or think should be expected.

Have a better practice in place for soliciting feedback from employees regularly.

1570 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Raytheon cares about our customers and delivers solutions second to none.

Current Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Portsmouth, RI
    Current Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Portsmouth, RI

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

The work is very interesting and I work with some of the most intelligent people on the planet. Raytheon genuinely cares about its customers and delivers technical solutions second to none.

Cons

We tend to not win our share of work when in direct competiton with NG or LM. We are a boy scout in the corporate community. We cannot compromise that but we need to become a boy scout with a killer instinct. We also need to be more predetory in our pursuit of our competitons domains.

Expand the base of our core business. Get more aggressive in the Civil Security business both domestically and abroad. Seek out opprtunities to take away work from our competitiors. The rice bowl is shrinking and therefore we must fight to maintain and grow in a declining market.

Great place for go-getters

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer I in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

Ton of different projects going on at the same time. If you're a good networker and work the politics well, you can have amazing opportunities to grow.

Cons

A lot of people are bad at navigating office politics and get relegated towards doing low-level and uninteresting work. The culture definitely requires one to be aggressive to get the posh assignments.

Need to get rid of some of the politics and the heavily networking-focused promotion schemes.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon