Very satisfied intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

This employer has a take care of you mentality. The culture is to treat other people with respect, and it shows. Very supportive of flexible hours. Interns get basically full benefits including health insurance and paid time off. Easy to maintain a work life balance at Raytheon because of the great hours.

Cons

Like any other big company, employees have a limited ability to change Raytheon's direction. Things move slow at times, and you may get stuck waiting for other people. Generally speaking, everything gets done, but it may not be as soon as you would like or think should be expected.

Have a better practice in place for soliciting feedback from employees regularly.

Other Reviews for Raytheon

A great place for some supported by a vast web of others

Former Employee - Intern - Leadership Development Program  in  Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Intern - Leadership Development Program in Billerica, MA

I worked at Raytheon

Pros

Raytheon is a leading company in developing equipment for the military. Developing advanced systems can be a challenging and fulfilling work experience on the forefront of the developing cutting edge systems for a diverse array of organizations including the Air Force, Navy and Army. "Superstars" thrive at Raytheon and will be nurtured and supported by management and the organization as a whole. There is no shortage of work and the opportunities within this company show an amazing diversity. If you are a high performance individual, Raytheon should help you build your career in whatever direction you want it to develop.

Cons

Low level employees get very little responsibility and must work hard to earn the trust of their management. I really felt as though I was a cog in a vast machine with no hope of rising quickly through the organization, and this was within Raytheon's Leadership Development Program. I was not even close to developed as a leader there.
    The superstar culture coupled with the vast manufacturing required to implement the technologies developed there, unfortunately requires a vast infrastructure in which many many employees contribute only indirectly to the advancement of any technologies. As a result, systems become entrenched, employees are not empowered and a huge number of people work in "support roles".

Value all the individuals in your organization more and allow them more freedom to innovate, improve inefficient processes and generally question the current methods of doing things so that the organization can become leaner, more efficient and ultimately more profitable.

Raytheon cares about our customers and delivers solutions second to none.

Current Employee - Engineering Program Manager  in  Portsmouth, RI
    Current Employee - Engineering Program Manager in Portsmouth, RI

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

The work is very interesting and I work with some of the most intelligent people on the planet. Raytheon genuinely cares about its customers and delivers technical solutions second to none.

Cons

We tend to not win our share of work when in direct competiton with NG or LM. We are a boy scout in the corporate community. We cannot compromise that but we need to become a boy scout with a killer instinct. We also need to be more predetory in our pursuit of our competitons domains.

Expand the base of our core business. Get more aggressive in the Civil Security business both domestically and abroad. Seek out opprtunities to take away work from our competitiors. The rice bowl is shrinking and therefore we must fight to maintain and grow in a declining market.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!