There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Proud to be a Missile Systems Admin

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Fantastic benefits that start on your first day of work. Good work environment, good people. Flex time and very workable between family & worklife balance.

Cons

We're only given PTO to use. No sick pay, no real vacation pay. Whenever we need to take time off, whatever the reason, we have to use PTO or flex our time.

They really need to learn how to retain the talent they've already got, instead of putting more focus into new hires. You're going to lose employees when you're hiring people in at a higher salary than what someone who's been there for 5 years is making.

reviews filtered by
  1. In Downtime its Raytheon Time

Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Sudbury, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer in Sudbury, MA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Cool defense job. lots of projects. You need security clearance to work here. In this downturn in economy, working in defense related aerospace company is better than sitting at home.

Cons

Too big a company. You can get lots easily

Do your job

Nice place to work unless you want to go somewhere.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

The culture is laid back and your work hours are flexible. There are interesting projects to work on and skilled senior engineers to learn from.

Cons

Hard work is not appreciated. Even if you are visible to the upper management of your program, you may not be visible to the people who control your raise. You could do nothing for a year and no one would notice. Expectations for daily work are low while at the same time expectations for advancement are unknown.

Acknowledge and compensate those who work hard and produce results rather than limit yourself to the system and processes in place. Provide constructive criticism.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon