Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,346 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Raytheon IDS is a company in a stable market, room for career growth, and interesting work.

Quality Assurance Engineer I (Current Employee)
Tewksbury, MA

ProsIt's very very stable. It's a great place to start out and get your feet wet. If you're looking for job security, decent pay, and a chance to make an impact right out of the gate, work at Raytheon.

ConsThe majority of the products you work on are very very very old. Most of the job is redesign or sustainment. Communication among partnering organizations is scarce. Lots of rework and downtime. A lot of times the documentation on something designed in the 70s is missing or points to a person rather than a document title.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocate the single points of failure in legacy programs, open lines of communication, better use of lessons learned and overall knowledge sharing.

Prevent history from repeating itself!!!

A great place to work.

Senior Software Engineer I (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: Most Raytheon positions allow very flexible work hours and very flexible use… Cons: Communicatin can be slow or non-existent. Career advancement can be slow due to the slower pace of defense… Advice to Senior Management: Management may regard engineers as either high-potential or just average. I'd recommend they be careful to observe the full spectrum of engineering talent they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great stable, if not always challenging, place to work

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
    Garland, TX

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: They pay is great, the work is sometimes interesting, and your co-workers will be intelligent. You'll be working on something you can be… Cons: Not always working on the latest and greatest technology. Sometimes feel like your re-inventing the same wheel just to sell it to the Government.… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.