Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Thales Raytheon Systems is a comfortable place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer I  in  Fullerton, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Fullerton, CA

Pros

Job security, opportunities for career advancement and getting funding for personal research ideas

Cons

Lot of bureaucracy and politics

Six Sigma is a waste of time. A lot of "good" processes turn bad when Senior Management tries to implement them top down as requirements. Process needs to be adopted at the bottom levels where it makes sense, and not dictated from on high. Agile is another example where the ideas get perverted when trying to implement them top down.

Other reviews for Raytheon

Good start, get what you need and go.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great place to launch a career. Good exposure to technology.

Cons

The culture does not have very much freedom. Felt like I was serving a prison sentence while working there. What isadvertised should be changed to discretionary by management because that is who really decided on everything. Management should not penalize or take it personally when employees leave their organizations. They have a habit of publicly berating and exclusion like I have never seen before. Yet they advertise, "you are in control of your career." When you do take control, management will badmouth you to the rest of the organization in order to deter anyone else from doing the same.
    Management through fear and intimidation is not good for any business.

The big donuts and food at meetings are not fooling anybody. Start being fair to your hard working employees.

Good pay, difficult to succeed.

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer I
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer I

Pros

Good pay and benefits, good work/life balance depending on group you work with.

Cons

Hard to get involved in meaningful work. While work/life balance is stressed in writing, the best way to "get ahead" is working long hours and overtime.

n/a

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!