Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Good place to have a long and stable career.

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsStability - one review I read said "once you are in, you're in." Good benefits package. Focus on work life balance with flex time, telecommute, etc. Caring management and strong sense of community. Plenty of support and time for learning. Good educational assistance program. Many lifers here as it is an easy place to put in a 30-40 year career.

ConsNot the most challenging place to work. Plenty of bureaucracy. Similar to working in a federal government organization. Still a sense of hierarchy and "putting in your service" in order to advance. Main business is weaponry - if that doesn't sit well with you it probably isn't a good fit. Lots of ex-military employees. Stability and predictability is paramount - ingenuity, innovation and risk taking are embraced in words but not in practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many hurdles to attracting young talent. The boring old company image will make it difficult if the job market becomes more competitive.

Thales Raytheon Systems is a comfortable place to work

Senior Software Engineer I (Current Employee) Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: Job security, opportunities for career advancement and getting funding for… Cons: Lot of bureaucracy and politics Advice to Senior Management: Six Sigma is a waste of time. A lot of "good" processes turn bad when Senior Management tries to implement them top down as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good start, get what you need and go.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon

Pros: Great place to launch a career. Good exposure to… Cons: The culture does not have very much freedom. Felt like I was serving a prison sentence while working there. What isadvertised should be… Advice to Senior Management: The big donuts and food at meetings are not fooling… More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!