Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,261 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Steady company, merit-based promotions

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
North Andover, MA

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSolid company that has wisely invested in both foreign and domestic contracts. Merit based promotions seem fair. Decent opportunities. Company will train you if needed. You can easily make a lifetime career with this company.

ConsLarge company that has too many processes/red tape at times for domestic contracts. United Healthcare is a terrible HMO if you have a family. You will get a bill for everything related to your children/pregnancy/prescriptions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Section Managers more time to work with their personnel in regards to careers. SMs are required to spend 3/4 of their time on business contracts and the personnel are often neglected and not grown properly. It is often sink-or-swim on your own.

Overall a good company...

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer II (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Top of the line engineering, needs improvement in most other… Cons: Some internal issues, conflict of interests... Advice to Senior Management: Grow your younger high potential employees, give them opportunities and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging work, however Defense Industry can be slow and tedious

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Interesting projects to work on. Friendly and smart coworkers. Feels like… Cons: Can be slow due to the nature of Defense Contracting. Jobs not always… Advice to Senior Management: Look to diversify from Defense to keep cycles down. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.