Raytheon
3.3 of 5 1,346 reviews
www.raytheon.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Lots of opportunity, your career is YOUR responsibility

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
Tewksbury, MA

ProsVaried career paths, engineering, quality, supply chain, operations, finance. Decent on the job training. There is something for everyone, you just need to find it. Benefits are good, but get slightly more expensive every year. Work Life Balance depends on role - as my responsibility & utility to the company has grown, my life balance has eroded.

ConsHuge company, easy to get lost in the bureaucracy. Company tends to be reactive to employee development vs. proactive. Front line management is not empowered for substantial action, decisions tend to be made 2 levels up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a leader, not a follower

Solid company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good compensation, good benefits, challenging technical work Cons: Too many layers of management, too much regional protection of work, clearing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company - Tough Industry

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Raytheon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Job growth and flexible working environment. Cons: Tough to get technical training. Shrinking market at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Raytheon CEO William H. Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees.